Additional column in Computers view

Look at this:

uZoWgHg.png

Only on 4th computer it shows that virus signature is out of date, 1st, 2nd and 3rd show ok status. When going into details of each computer, 1st has virus database from 20170717, 2nd from 20170719, 3rd from 20170719 and 4th from 20170607. It's like that because those are my test computers back when I was testing ERA and agent deployments. 4th computer didn't update it's virus database because I canceled update just after install. Those were all virtual and spare PCs so no problem with that, I just left them in ERA to see how it would behave. So if there were a column (can be opt-in) with virus database version & date, it would be easier for me to spot those out of date computers.

Some time ago one of our computers with EES v5 stopped updating it's virus database, and a virus was received with mail, user run it and it started to encrypt his files. He stored most files on network share which has daily backups so we recovered them. So I see that as a very important feature to see how old is virus database on computers.

• ESET Staff

In Endpoint V6, you can set a maximum age of the VSDB, via policy to 1 day. Standard is 7 days. Also, make sure that ESET Live Grid is enabled on the machines for maximum protection.

" you can set a maximum age of the VSDB, via policy to 1 day. Standard is 7 days "

It doesn't solve anything, even if it's set to standard 7 days, ERA still shows OK state for those 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th PC.

• ESET Staff

It is completely OK, that it shows OK status for them, as on all of them the last update did happen within 7 day period. It does not take into consideration which version of DB is installed. Also, none of the machines is connecting, so it's the last status of the machine, when it was last connected. Please retest, by shortening the "maximum database age" interval via ERA policy.

"...within 7 day period."

Period from where? From "last connected"? It's stupid, it should calcule that based on virus database date and current real date. If you disagree with it, then add a switch so user can change it, everyone will be happy.