fwall locks ethernet to/from ISP router

• ESET Insiders

Which default (automatic) setting could "decide" to lock such connection without any warning ? where can I find the culprit ? I had to downgrade from SS to AV to retrieve access to the internet.

• Most Valued Members

Was there nothing showing in "recently blocked applications or devices" , under setup > network protection > troubleshooting wizard ?

• ESET Insiders

no such thing, thank you. btw I could be wrong assuming the fwall is the culprit as it's just a guess. The internet connection icon in the taskbar showed suddenly a red X without any info.

Edited by yeoldfart

• Administrators

If disabling the firewall doesn't make any difference,it's unlikely that the firewall is the culprit.

• ESET Insiders

quite sensible, but the culprit is somewhere in ESS because this never happened before and after, this leaves me with: what in ESS can by itself block a safe ethernet connection ?

Check your Eset firewall logs to see what is being blocked. Same blocked connections will also show in Windows security event log under the Audit Failure section.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

You can also try temporarily uninstalling ESS to see if the issue recurs or not. In order to stay protected, you can install ESET NOD32 Antivirus which you are eligible to use with an ESS license. EAV does not intervene in network communication whatsoever, the only exception are application protocols HTTP(S), POP3(S) and IMAP(S) provided that protocol filtering is enabled.

• ESET Insiders

Never happens without ESS, as I said above I already downgraded to EAV which is a PITA as I want to use ESS efficiency.

Did you check your logs as requested? Also post data from same. We can't help unless you provide the data to review.