ESET Smart Security keeps asking for permission to allow every outbound traffic

Whenever I try to use Brave browser (https://brave.com/) ESET Smart Security asks for permission to allow every single request Brave is making.

I don't know why this isn't the case for other browsers (does ESET have any kind of support for recognizing browsers?) but the issue is making Brave completely useless in my case.

I know that I could create permanent rules to allow access but I would have to do it for every new address I am visiting which is not only impractical but also practically impossible to do.

I am currently using ESET Smart Security 10.0.390.0 but the issue has been dragging for quite some time.

Edited by holodoc

• Administrators

Please provide me with ELC logs collected as per the instructions linked in my signature. If you create an allowing rule for the browser without any remote addresses, the firewall should not ask you for an action when connecting to different servers.

Not sure why I thought remembering a rule would use only a specific remote target. A complete brain meltdown happened here.

Issue resolved.

Sorry to have wasted your time. Thank you.

• Administrators

In interactive mode, rules are created for the application and protocol by default. However, if you expand advanced options in the dialog, you can check to create a more specific rule only for specific remote/local ports or remote address.

Yes, as a longtime user I know all that, but for some reason I thought that adding rules for outbound traffic would by default also note the exact remote IP/address.

In fact I knew that was not the case but I still thought there was an issue.

As I said, a total brain-slip.

Thanks again.