False Anti-theft Optimization Warning

My ESET Smart Security keeps giving me a notification about the anti-theft feature not being optimized, yet when I go to the website, it says my computer is optimized at 5 stars. How can I disable this notification or resolve the bug? I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too

My ESET Smart Security keeps giving me a notification about the anti-theft feature not being optimized, yet when I go to the website, it says my computer is optimized at 5 stars. How can I disable this notification or resolve the bug? I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop.

I just upgraded to Smart Security Premium, and I am having the same issue.  My online account reflects my device is optimized for Anti-Theft, but the program application will not reconcile and continues you warn "Attention Required".

I have followed a previous thread solution to resolve this issue.  ESET should issue a patch to alleviate this problem in the future for individuals upgrading, who already have an account established.

The current solution should be done in the following order:

1. Login to your ESET account, go to your profile and delete the entire account.

2. Uninstall the software on the affected device and reboot.

3. Re-install the software and reboot.

4. Enable Anti-Theft, go online and re-create your account.

5. Go to the "Optimization" tab for the device (some users will have multiple devices).

6. Create the "Phantom" Windows ID for the device and save settings.

7. Wait a few minutes for the device software to synchronize (usually 10-min), then the optimization warning should disappear.

I know what everyone is thinking, the same as my first thoughts when reading the solution on a previous thread: 

"This seems like an awful lot of work, for something that should not be happening, when I purchase an expensive, reputable AV/Firewall software program".  (Particularly when I have used it for nearly a decade, error-free).  I hope that ESET will address this issue in a future update, so others will not have to experience what I have just resolved on multiple devices.