"error opening" when scanning files

My computer has been acting strange so I did a scan and most of the files came back with the message "error opening".  What can I do to scan these files and makes sure there isn't a virus on my computer?

*edited to add a copy of my scan log virus_scan.txt

Edited by Maddisa

• Administrators

Those are files that are exclusively used by the operating system or you don't have permissions to access them. Simply ignore these records.

Thanks for your reply Marcos.  Would it be possible to have a virus on these un-scannable files? Also, why wouldn't I have permission to access them?  It just seems like most, (all?) of the files on my computer came back as "error opening".  I am just worried and want to understand better.  Thank you

• Most Valued Members
40 minutes ago, Maddisa said:

Thanks for your reply Marcos.  Would it be possible to have a virus on these un-scannable files? Also, why wouldn't I have permission to access them?  It just seems like most, (all?) of the files on my computer came back as "error opening".  I am just worried and want to understand better.  Thank you

Click the link below for more information and explanation about locked files. It should put your mind at ease.

http://support.eset.com/kb2155/?locale=en_US 

Quote from the above link:

ESET does scan these files during startup and again during shutdown to ensure that they are not corrupt. If a locked file contains a threat, it will appear in red text in the scan log–files displayed in blue are noted for informational purposes only and do not pose a threat to your system.