Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrAugisLTU

Cant turn on Eset's Real Time System Protection!

The switch(or button. I JUST DONT KNOW) is red and stuck on off. And i have scheduelded scaning.

What version of EAV do you have installed? Did you upgrade from an older version? Do you have the system temp folder on the system volume? Have you tried uninstalling EAV and installing the latest version from scratch?

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What version of EAV do you have installed? 

I have ESET INTERNET SECURITY 10.0.390.0 (i think)

Ok,I've moved your topin to the appropriate forum. Please also answer the other questions as problems with real-time protection are known to occur after upgrade when the system temp folder is on other than the system disk volume.

I have the same problem, only solution I have is to manually reinstall NO32 after every produkt update.

Extremly annoying. either that or living with  ahalf workin produkt??

Because there is no way to move slider and reenable the antivirus protection, i have tried resetting all settings etc to no avail.

So reinstall, and if this keeps happening every time, uninstall and switch to a secure solution that actually is enabled after updates.

//Anders

2017-07-26.png

2017-07-26 (1).png

I have the same problem, only solution I have is to manually reinstall NO32 after every produkt update.

Extremly annoying. either that or living with  ahalf workin produkt??

Because there is no way to move slider and reenable the antivirus protection, i have tried resetting all settings etc to no avail.

Couldn't it be that you have the temp / tmp variables set to point to other than the system volume?
If it points to C: (typically C:\Windows\temp), the issue should not occur.

This problem will be addressed in future versions.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that you have the temp / tmp variables set to point to other than the system volume?

Wow, really? well I really can't change that, when is that fix supposed to be complete? 

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Is there a workaround in the meantime? I'm encountering the same problem with 10.1.219.0, apparently because my temp folders are not on the system volume.

Edit: The solution posted here worked for me: 

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Setting those environment variables to default system locations, reboot, install the Eset update, reboot, reset environment variables to non-system volume locations, and reboot should work unless I am missing something.

Also Win 10 locked down C:\Windows\temp, so using another location is a security risk.