Upgrade 6.4 to 6.5 problem

Hello,

I have perform an update of ESET Remote Administrator on Centos OS (ESET Appliance) v6.4 to v6.5 thru the web console. I have done this 3-4 times without any issue for others customers but this time I have the error : Login failed: Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'

After some investigation, I can mention that when I check initctl list, both eraserver-xvfb and eraserver are stop/waiting. I can start eraserver-xvfb (and i see it start/running) but if I do initctl start eraserver it shows start/running but when I show again initctl list, both are stop/waiting.

era.PNG.b8b974cc1c8fd7d14f1b387aad2a65c9.PNG

Can you help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Dimitri

Edited by Dimitri D

• ESET Staff

Could you please check /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/trace.log for errors? Seems that eraserver daemon is not running.

So I can see only one error :

Error : Service [Thread xxxxxxxxx]: [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.6.28]Table 'era_db.tbl_log_apps_installed_status' doesn't exist

Thanks for your help guys.

• ESET Staff

This is very common problem with upgrade of ERA 6.4 -> ERA 6.5. Most probable cuase is that upgrade process was interrupted (service restart, appliacne reboot,...). Please follow steps described in documentation.

I think I have found everything for the connexion.

But is there anything to do on the appliance (CentOS) to be able to connect to mysql from an other computer ? I got the error "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxx.xx.xx.xx' (10060). Thanks for your help.

• ESET Staff
8 minutes ago, Dimitri D said:

I think I have found everything for the connexion.

But is there anything to do on the appliance (CentOS) to be able to connect to mysql from an other computer ? I got the error "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxx.xx.xx.xx' (10060). Thanks for your help.

You will have to temporarily disable firewall using command:

service iptables stop

It is also possible, that user you will be using to acces database is not configured for acces from outside of appliance. For example there is no root@% available in appliance by default. If you encounter this problem, you will have to create new account or modify existing, using command line MySQL client. For example existing root@localhost user may be updated using:

UPDATE mysql.user SET host = '%' WHERE host = 'localhost' AND user = 'root';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

18 hours ago, MartinK said:

This is very common problem with upgrade of ERA 6.4 -> ERA 6.5. Most probable cuase is that upgrade process was interrupted (service restart, appliacne reboot,...). Please follow steps described in documentation.

Problem solved following MartinK solution, thanks for all guys.

On 7/20/2017 at 4:17 PM, Dimitri D said:

Hello,

I have perform an update of ESET Remote Administrator on Centos OS (ESET Appliance) v6.4 to v6.5 thru the web console. I have done this 3-4 times without any issue for others customers but this time I have the error : Login failed: Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'

After some investigation, I can mention that when I check initctl list, both eraserver-xvfb and eraserver are stop/waiting. I can start eraserver-xvfb (and i see it start/running) but if I do initctl start eraserver it shows start/running but when I show again initctl list, both are stop/waiting.

era.PNG.b8b974cc1c8fd7d14f1b387aad2a65c9.PNG

Can you help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Dimitri