ESET Endpoint Antivirus requires your attention

NicoNL

Occationally our users get the following  ESET Main GUI notification: ESET Endpoint Antivirus requires your attention. For more information, click on this notification.

When clicking on the notification nothing hapens, when opening the the GUI all is green, all is fine, no warnings.

This worries some of our users, wordering what is wrong, especially with the ransomware activities lately.

Why do these notifications appear, while nothing is wrong or is needing attention?

Eset requires your attention.jpg

• Administrators

Try disabling the option to enable presentation mode if an application running in full-screen mode is detected and let us know if it makes a difference (adv. setup -> Tools -> Presentation mode).

The option to enable presentation mode if an application running in full-screen mode is detected was enabled.
I have now disabled it. Up to now the pop-up has not appeared yet.

Is it possible to disable this option in the Policy from the Remote Administrator? I can't find this setting in the Policy.

• Administrators

Presentation mode can be activated by the lock screen for instance. To my best knowledge, this should be fixed in Endpoint 6.6 that is about to be released soon.

As a workaround, you can disable changing the application status if presentation mode is activated via a policy under User interface -> Application statuses provided that Endpoint 6.5 is installed on clients.