Issue with deploy Agent via GPO on client win XP

Hi all,

I've create GPO to deploy agent to clients.Bu i have a issue : all clients using win Xp ( 32bit & 64bit) did not install agent via GPO although them have been applied GPO.The clients using Win7 can install finish.It send error below attach file.I've checked and sure on these clients, i can access this resource and run it directly.

This issue just on clients using WIN XP (32 & 64 bit)

Please help me this issue.

Thanks a lot.

1.png

2.png

• ESET Staff

Unfortunatelly I am not familiar with GPO, but installation error is "The installation source for this product is not available" which indicates problem with access to installer package. In case you have used network share, make sure it is available from Xp machines, especially for user that GPO is running with.

Hello, I had a similar problem and it turned out to be .MSI files not being compatible with the SYSVOL location for software installation in XP /2003 server : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/889710/you-receive-a-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-error-mess

I created a dedicated share for my GPO and it worked great.

Hope this helps !

Thanks Sebastien.

But it not my issue.My GPO only not working on clients XP ( although on these clients, i can access folder share and run .MSI file directly ), on clients Win7 are finished.