Can't get report to give me serial numbers

I want to make a report to show me computer names, with device model# and serial#.

I'm on ERA 6.5 (same issue was in 6.4).

I create a new report template, select the serial#, model#, and computer name fields, and generate the report. No filters are specified.

Each time I've tried this, I get no results. I've looked at individual computers, and they have serial# and model# fields populated.

Anything obvious I can check that I may be missing?

ESET-Report1.png

• ESET Staff

There

15 hours ago, GreenEnvy22 said:

Anything obvious I can check that I may be missing?

There are 3 related data field categories:

• Device identifiers: may be used to report device computername, FQDN and serial number
  • Device Information: may be used to report device manufacturer and model
  • Device control: used for reporting device controll logs reported by security product. For example if you have rules to block special HW devices on client machines, report will be able to show policy violations, but it requires proper configuration of severity, as otherwise logs won't be processed by ERA.

If I understood correctly what you want to achieve: you have to use data fields from first two categories -> these contain data reported by AGENT and are also available in client details view. Unfortunatelly those two categories cannot be combined into one report.

• 3 months later...

If you are good with SQL, you can build the report you are looking for.  That is how I built a similar report.  It takes a little bit of poking around to understand the structure, but with a few joins, it is possible :)