BPP 2nd Window and IE11

Something new just started occurring in IE11 when using BPP. Previously when using this combination, the window where the search started (finding the banking link in favorites & clicking on it), would not close while the secondary BPP (secured) window opened. The secured window would lay on top of the originating window. In the past few days/week, the originating window now closes once the secured BPP window has opened (again in IE11).

When I use Firefox (54.0.1), it still maintains the 2 open windows when using BPP.

Is this behavior "now" by design?

I use Win 7 and ESS 10.1.210.0. 

Edited by TomFace
added OS and ESS info.

Same here on Win 10.

Might be in regard to my posting in the Comments section. Been waiting for a reply from Eset to do a re-test.

Edited by itman

As I may not get an answer here from ESET Staff, I opened a case ticket with support. When I get a response I will post it here.

Edited by TomFace

15 hours ago, TomFace said:

As I may not get an answer here from ESET Staff, I opened a case ticket with support. When I get a response I will post it here.

The response from support (which arrived very quickly:)):

Thank you for contacting ESET North America Technical Support.

We tested the issue and it does not affect functionality of the banking and payment secured browser or affects any other tabs you had open in IE. We'll reach out to our developers to report this, but the secured browser is working as it should.

Thank you for using ESET security products,
ESET Technical Support
North America
Edited by TomFace