Best practice - how to update virus signatures every hour

Hi

Well the title pretty much says it whats the best way to update the virus signature every hour? My best idea was a task via cron - but does that overload my internet connection

if all clients update at the exact same time?

• Administrators

If you have many clients with a slow Internet connection, you can use an HTTP proxy to cache update files so that in an ideal scenario only one client downloads them and the others will download them from the proxy cache. However, since ESET uses very small update files for clients who update on a regular basis, I don't think that there would be a problem even if more clients were updating at a time.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

If you have many clients with a slow Internet connection, you can use an HTTP proxy to cache update files so that in an ideal scenario only one client downloads them and the others will download them from the proxy cache. However, since ESET uses very small update files for clients who update on a regular basis, I don't think that there would be a problem even if more clients were updating at a time.

Yea I use a proxy.

One possibility would be trigger 1 PC 1st and then the others like 10 minutes later.

Whats the std update cycle time for the signature updates?