How do I keep the files Explorer view settings?

jbPNRgc

Hello,

Since a reset of my PC under Windows 10, it's impossible to keep the display settings of the files Explorer. It returns to the default display regularly.

To change the view Explorer, I click on the "View" menu. I then click "Options" on the ribbon and then "Display" again on the new window. I check: "Show files, folders and hidden drives", and uncheck "Hide extensions ..." and "Always show icons, never thumbnails", then I do "Apply to folders". After a few moments ... without necessarily restarting the PC, the display returns to the default settings.

I have the ESET Endpoint antivirus for which is reported a similar problem following an update. I've read the solution here: hxxp://www.askvg.com/fix-desktop-icons-position-and-folder-view-settings-problem-in-windows-10/ But my registry key doesn ' Is not the one modified according to the post.

So I made this fix: hxxp://www.askvg.com/how-to-fix-annoying-folder-view-type-problem-in-windows-vista/; without success.

How change the default Explorer view settings with ESET Endpoint?

Thank you

• Administrators

Why do you think there's a correlation with ESET? I would say that even completely uninstalling ESET would not change anything. Could you confirm?

• Administrators

Has ESET recently detected and cleaned some malware or PUA? Otherwise we do not write to other than ESET registry keys at all (except installation).