Trouble in ESET/Outlook 2010 after Windows 10 Creators update

Samoréen

Hi,

After installing the Windows 10 Creators update, Outlook can connect to my Fastmail account (IMAP) only if I disable "IMAP Scanner setup" in "Email Client protection". I can reproduce this at will. Running Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063.413 and ESET 10.1.210.0.

Thanks.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

does the issue persist, if you switch to Pre-release updates?

Can you try close and browsers a e-mail clients, disable SSL/TLS protocol filtering wait a minute and enable it again?

If the issue persists please enable the IMAP scan again, enable "Protocol filtering advanced logging" start the outlook and wait for a while, disable the logging and send me a private message with packed contents of the Diagnostics directory to check.

Do you get any error or the outlook just stays in connecting state?

Regards, P.R

Hi Peter,

59 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

does the issue persist, if you switch to Pre-release updates?

Yes, because switching to pre-release update had no effect on the program itself. Only the virus database was updated.

Can you try close and browsers a e-mail clients, disable SSL/TLS protocol filtering wait a minute and enable it again?

This didn't help.

If the issue persists please enable the IMAP scan again, enable "Protocol filtering advanced logging" start the outlook and wait for a while, disable the logging and send me a private message with packed contents of the Diagnostics directory to check.

Do you get any error or the outlook just stays in connecting state?

Outlook says after a while that it cannot connect to the server.

Which Diagnostics directory ? I only see one on my system : C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Local\Diagnostics. It doesn't seem to be related to ESET. Or do you want a Sysinspector log ?

enable "Protocol filtering advanced logging"

Where is this option located ?

Never mind. Got it !

Edited by Samoréen