ESET for macOS High Sierra

• Administrators

MacOS High Sierra is coming later this year. That said, we don't officially support until it's officially released.

• Most Valued Members
On 07/07/2017 at 1:56 AM, Marcos said:

MacOS High Sierra is coming later this year. That said, we don't officially support until it's officially released.

This is correct — ESET does not support Public Pre-Releases, Betas, or Developer Preview versions of macOS. Only the stable, publicly released versions of macOS.

• 1 month later...

So a new version is dropped on the general audience without a proper test on a group of actual users? Sounds like how we developed software a decade ago. I'm sure you guys are testing it already to make sure the release will go smoothly. The question of 'supporting' is a completely different one. So is there a possibility to test a beta version before the general release? Closed beta program perhaps?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

our QA usually test the macOS preview builds, generally we do not support any BETA version of operating systems as they change quite rapidly sometimes and they may contain serious bugs preventing our application from running correctly.

We plan a BETA program for our application for macOS in the future, I may notify you about the availability of it, if you wish. 

Regards, P.R.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 8/21/2017 at 9:06 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello,

our QA usually test the macOS preview builds, generally we do not support any BETA version of operating systems as they change quite rapidly sometimes and they may contain serious bugs preventing our application from running correctly.

We plan a BETA program for our application for macOS in the future, I may notify you about the availability of it, if you wish. 

Regards, P.R.

Hi @Peter Randziak,

This is a great sentence, BOLD! :D

Cheers

• Administrators
2 hours ago, sidagg said:

I am on mac os high sierra beta and have a subscription of eset. A beta of eset would be great. 

Beta versions of Mac OS are not supported by ESET products. However, we plan to provide beta versions of ESET CyberSecurity (Pro) but currently we do not have any new version for beta testing.

• 3 weeks later...