Jump to content

Client said my website triggers a trojan horse warning


Recommended Posts

Hi,

A client called me to say a website of mine contains a virus. I scanned the website with the top 3 website virus scanners and it found nothing. I also scanned the server. Nothing.

here is the URL: hxxp://bookhd.ca

Why does NOD32 (ESET Internet security) report it? She is using Internet Explorer by the way.

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

The url doesn't appear to be blocked by ESET and I was able to open it in a browser alright.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Absoluter said:

Hi,

A client called me to say a website of mine contains a virus. I scanned the website with the top 3 website virus scanners and it found nothing. I also scanned the server. Nothing.

here is the URL: hxxp://bookhd.ca

Why does NOD32 (ESET Internet security) report it? She is using Internet Explorer by the way.

Thank you

probably he uses a outdated version of Eset or of Eset's database

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
2 hours ago, TheMalwareDiscoverer said:

probably he uses a outdated version of Eset or of Eset's database

Even then it should not be blocked by ESET. Let's wait for OP to post more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Thanks for responding.

Could it be from Nod32 itself? The info I have is simply that she uses nod32 and Internet Explorer. As it was already hard for me to get that information from the secretary.

So no one is able to replicate her warning?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First it helps if you post the correct link as shown below which shows it is a https web site with a revoked certificate. I could not connect to http://bookhd.ca receiving the same "This page can't be displayed error":

Eset_Bad_Site.thumb.png.613abd1d9fda4e03616c269c1cc45580.png

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, itman said:

First it helps if you post the correct link as shown below which shows it is a https web site with a revoked certificate. I could not connect to hxxp://bookhd.ca receiving the same "This page can't be displayed error":

Eset_Bad_Site.thumb.png.613abd1d9fda4e03616c269c1cc45580.png

Just for information purposes... running ESET Smart Security 10.1.210 and in Chrome had no problem accessing hxxp://bookhd.ca.

 

2017-07-06_14-27-10.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

There's no alert about a trojan or malware triggered by ESET. The problem is that the certificate used for https communication was revoked. Here's what a browser reports without ESET installed:

An error occurred during a connection to bookhd.ca. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

Also there's a certificate common name mismatch: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=bookhd.ca&ignoreMismatch=on&latest

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...