nod32 blocking google drive

Dragon76

Nod32 has an HTTP protocol checker that when enabled blocks google drive from connecting to the internet. Is there a way to have this enabled and still have google drive function correctly? 

Hi dragon how it blocks google drive? It won't charge the page or it doesn't allow to upload files?My eset works great with Google Drive; try updating eset itself and also eset virus database. If it don't work Maybe try changing the standard port from 80 to 443

• ESET Staff

Hi @Dragon76

If you refer to the "Verification of HTTP protocol" by default is active and there is no problem with Google Drive (I can tell you by the machines near to me. The Google drives update fine.

Can you submit an screenshot of the configuration you mention it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Dragon76 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Changing the port worked perfectly.:)

Please post a screen shot of the setting where you changed the port. If you did it at a wrong place, you could disable web access protection.

The minute I add 443 back Google Drive refuses to sync. It works great if I only have port 85. Is there an alternative optional port other than 443 that one can try?

Does Google Drive have a URL associated with it?

Only thing I can think of would be to exclude the URL associated w/Google Drive from Eset SSL protocol scanning.

You definitely need port 443 specified for HTTPS scanning.

Edited by itman