forum issues with IE 11 on Windows 8.1

shocked

• Most Valued Members

when trying to attach a link on a word in a post, the link options floater doesn't respond to close/cancel buttons.

I can type in the link but I can't press OK and close it.

it works fine on Google Chrome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey ...

A 3 steps workaround, for those who has problems inserting text and links when using Internet explorer 11.

Regards Janus

post-65-0-78758400-1386687673_thumb.png

post-65-0-37702800-1386687689_thumb.png

post-65-0-51409100-1386687703_thumb.png

Janus, thanks for the info. I actually have been PMg with Peter R about this issue (granted I use Win 7) as I thought it might be unique to my machine :unsure:. This started for me when I was having the connectivity issues a few weeks back and just got my machine back from the shop. I could not quote a previous comment or insert URLs in my posts. So I just fooled around with it and discovered the small toggle switch in the upper left corner, next to the eraser of the "reply to this topic" window. By clicking it (turns blue) and I can then insert URLs (at least) and click it again. Do not know what it is called, but it works for now as Peter was able to recreate the issue and refer it.

Hey Tomface

Your solution is a much more elegant Tom Face :-)), and most important, it works just fine. You truly deserve, a triple kudos, but as it is ,unfortunately. Then it is just possible with one at a time. Thank you for sharing this information with us, who use Ie 11.

Regards, Janus :-))

post-65-0-37222100-1386859510_thumb.png

Edited by Janus

You're welcome Janus! I like to poke/look around and unless I get a "terminal error window" saying "click yes :o to end the world" I will continue to do so. :P

Edited by TomFace

Additional update-by clicking the toggle switch in the reply window first, you can then use the "quote" feature, insert URLs and input your message. When finished, re-click the toggle switch, review your post and then submit it.

It's pretty painless... :P

Edited by TomFace