Automatic deployment of agent only on unknown computers

Hi,

Is it possible to create a task in ERA, to deploy an agent for example once a week only on computers with unknown status?

For example I want first do static synchronization and then run another task with agent deployment, but only on computers where agent is not installed

Edited by RedLine

• ESET Staff

This is unlikely to happen.

• If there is no Agent on the client, it can not be evaluated and assigned under a dynamic group. Therefor you have no triggering mechanism on those computers. (It is not possible to trigger a task when a new computer joins a static group)
  • Other problem is, that you would need to have the same Administrator password on each client (so the Server task's settings are working on each).

40 minutes ago, janoo said:

This is unlikely to happen.

• If there is no Agent on the client, it can not be evaluated and assigned under a dynamic group. Therefor you have no triggering mechanism on those computers. (It is not possible to trigger a task when a new computer joins a static group)
  • Other problem is, that you would need to have the same Administrator password on each client (so the Server task's settings are working on each).

I have all the rights on clients. Just need to check once a week if all online computers has agent and I want to decide on which workstation I need antivirus software. Sometimes users reinstalling own workstations without our support. We`re deploying OS with agent and etc. via SCCM. 

I don`t want to reinstall agents on computers that already has it. If I will start agent deployment on All group? Then ERA will reinstall agents on workstations that has it already?

One option is the Rogue Detection Sensor, which looks for unmanaged clients.

The major downside is that you must have a system running RDS on each subnet that you want monitored.

• ESET Staff

I do not think he can make it automatic even with the RDS, because you will not get those Rouge computers to a group (where the task would be assigned on weekly trigger) automatically, the addition has to be done manually.