Photo

Cannot Update Database

8 replies to this topic

#1 Tresclub

Tresclub
  • Group: Members
  • Kudos: 0

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I recently installed the latest version of Antivirus 7, and it worked fine for about a week.  Now, I'm getting an error message when I try to update the database. 

Virus signature database update ended with an error

Undocumented serious error (0x1106)

I checked my internet connection and it is fine.  ???

Warren

#2 gooberbear

gooberbear

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I started having this issue today as well . It runs all the way up to the end of the update , then stops with this error.

I am also seeing the Eset Service take up huge amounts of ram . I wonder if there is a major memory leak ?

Attached Images

• 2013-10-25_125556.jpg

Edited by gooberbear, 25 October 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#3 Arakasi

Arakasi
  • Kudos: 247

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

I recently installed the latest version of Antivirus 7, and it worked fine for about a week.  Now, I'm getting an error message when I try to update the database. 

Virus signature database update ended with an error

Undocumented serious error (0x1106)

I checked my internet connection and it is fine.  ???

Warren

Try clearing your update cache as stated here : http://kb.eset.com/e...tent&id=SOLN537

I would try reinstalling ESET if your issues persist after trying the aformentioned suggestion.

The More credit you give away, the more will come back to you. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you. -Tracy

Why ESET at home? Why ESET at the office? ESET Two-Factor Authentication  DESlock+

#4 SweX

SweX
  • Kudos: 215

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

@gooberbear,

Yeah memory leak or not, all I can say is that, that memory usage is not anywhere near the normal amount that the ESET process should be using. It's using around 1,3GB if I read it correctly wich is around 12 times more than it should be  :huh:

Maybe (hopefully) ESET will request you to make some logs about it so they can take a look.

OpenDNS ESET

"He has 512mb of ram and his computer runs fine with eset lol."  B) 

#5 Tresclub

Tresclub

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

clearing your update cache as stated here : http://kb.eset.com/e...tent&id=SOLN537

This worked for me, thanks you very much!

Warren

Edited by Tresclub, 26 October 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#6 Arakasi

Arakasi

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Your welcome Tresclub/Warren.

Glad your back in action ! ;)

.... Swex i have a feeling his update cache was filling up the memory or possibly when it got messed up, it continually started to create update commands to compensate or repair itself which caused the increase in RAM usage.

Just a theory though.

Edited by Arakasi, 26 October 2013 - 11:23 PM.

The More credit you give away, the more will come back to you. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you. -Tracy

Why ESET at home? Why ESET at the office? ESET Two-Factor Authentication  DESlock+

#7 SweX

SweX
  • Kudos: 215

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

.... Swex i have a feeling his update cache was filling up the memory or possibly when it got messed up, it continually started to create update commands to compensate or repair itself which caused the increase in RAM usage.

Just a theory though.

Hmm I see. It's just that I thought about what would happen with a PC that only got 512MB to begin with...not that I know of anyone having that little these days  :rolleyes:

OpenDNS ESET

"He has 512mb of ram and his computer runs fine with eset lol."  B) 

#8 Arakasi

Arakasi

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Just a theory though.

Hmm I see. It's just that I thought about what would happen with a PC that only got 512MB to begin with...not that I know of anyone having that little these days  :rolleyes:

Haha, I can't think of anyone at the current moment. :unsure:

Edited by Arakasi, 27 October 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#9 Marcos

Marcos
  • Group: ESET Moderators
  • Kudos: 512

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I am also seeing the Eset Service take up huge amounts of ram . I wonder if there is a major memory leak ?

Please create a dump of ekrn.exe via the Task manager. Select ekrn.exe and then click the "Create dump file" button.

Compress the dump, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users