Product update fail

I get mostly everyday one time from eset the message: Product Update fail ( Not virus signatures ) 

When im then go on other menu and go back to update window it tells me all uptodate?

I have the version  10.1.210.2

18 minutes ago, chelseaboy said:

Yep same here also, yet another of the many, many buge/problems with version 10, roll on version 11, or perhaps go to a competitor.

You do not say what version you are currently running. Could you please post a screen shot of the "error/message" you are receiving?

The latest version is 10.1.210.0. You can download and isntall it manually if you aren't up to date.

I haven't bothered thinking about this error, since it is kind of a non-issue. Sometimes when it checks for a program update (not a regular definitions update) it can't connect to the server and it gives this error. This happens with the latest version as well, on multiple computers with completely unrelated IPs or ISPs, and on completely fresh Windows 10 installations where Nod32 is the first program installed after basic drivers and Windows Update. It fixes itself next time it the program update runs and it connects.

maybe it's because when you started the pc it isn't connected to the internet and because eset run automatically at the start of O.S. then if you connect and you try to update clicking manually after internet connection the button "Update Now" it will work

• Administrators

We don't know yet what is causing the internal server error. For some reason, the update server responded with a specific error code. The issue is being investigated, however, module updates should be downloaded alright.

1 hour ago, TheMalwareDiscoverer said:

maybe it's because when you started the pc it isn't connected to the internet and because eset run automatically at the start of O.S. then if you connect and you try to update clicking manually after internet connection the button "Update Now" it will work

No, it has never happened on startup. And Internet is fine when this happens - I am always connected to things like IRC, and when Internet goes down for even a second, it shows in those logs with a disconnect. The problem is not on my PC.

3 hours ago, King Grub said:

No, it has never happened on startup. And Internet is fine when this happens - I am always connected to things like IRC, and when Internet goes down for even a second, it shows in those logs with a disconnect. The problem is not on my PC.

Do you use another antivirus apart from eset?

3 hours ago, TheMalwareDiscoverer said:

Do you use another antivirus apart from eset?

No, I an not a n00b. Trust me, I run a very tight ship here, and the issue is not on my computer. This happens, as I wrote earlier in this very thread, on new Windows 10 installations with Nod32 as the first program installed after basic drivers and Windows updates. 

I am having the exact same issue as the OP.  This started happening the day I upgraded from version 9 to 10.  As far as I can tell, despite the error, I am still running the most current version.

I thought perhaps the issue was something on my end, I wasn't able to do an in place upgrade from v9 to v10, it would error out.  I had to boot into safemode and manually uninstall 9 and install 10.  At least I'm not the only one.

ESET_01.PNG

13 hours ago, King Grub said:

No, I an not a n00b. Trust me, I run a very tight ship here, and the issue is not on my computer. This happens, as I wrote earlier in this very thread, on new Windows 10 installations with Nod32 as the first program installed after basic drivers and Windows updates. 

I have never defined you as a noob; now you guys are talking about problem on windows 10 and also one of my friends had this and he resolved installing windows 8 (also because he didn't like win 10) so I am thinking: maybe is the "new" (new because it has cloud protection and other improvements contrary from windows 8 and 7) windows defender of windows 10 the problem? I am thinking about this because if eset is the first program the issue must be made by a preinstalled official windows program so maybe windows defender or maybe windows firewall but I don't know; obiouvsly it could be also a problem of the AV and maybe it's true but both on my win 10 and on my win 8, Eset Nod32 Antivirus works perfectly so I have excluded this option first.

• Administrators

The internal server error has been fixed on our servers. Please confirm that you are not getting it any more.

Thanks Marcos! The last time it was logged was yesterday when I posted the screenshots above, so I will monitor it in the upcoming days. It usually happens once every 24-48 hours or so.