Version 10.1.2xx bug

Same problem here with 2 windows 7 computers 64bit. On mine whilst it is failing to do the update it cuts of my internet, the internet connection becomes live again once I close the update process manually.

Has anyone got the  Nod32 AV10.0.390 offline installer please?

Edit: Found the offline installer version 390 and can confirm this fixes the problems I was having.

Edited by Rimmel

18 hours ago, Hijin25 said:

The task is not executed after every restart or start as you point, it has never done so, I've been using eset for 10 years,

It has always done so since I have had Eset installed as shown in the below screen shot taken shortly after today's cold boot  It will also occur on restart if the interval from the last Eset update has exceeded I hour; the default update checking interval. It is also possible that Eset auto updates the last scheduled update time to the time of the logon update for synchronization purposes.

Eset_Update.thumb.png.55d94ea88f19779ae3c43a9e553754f4.png

3 hours ago, itman said:

It has always done so since I have had Eset installed as shown in the below screen shot taken shortly after today's cold boot  It will also occur on restart if the interval from the last Eset update has exceeded I hour; the default update checking interval. It is also possible that Eset auto updates the last scheduled update time to the time of the logon update for synchronization purposes.

Eset_Update.thumb.png.55d94ea88f19779ae3c43a9e553754f4.png

That's exactly what I said.

21 hours ago, Hijin25 said:

According to the configuration of the update task, it should be executed every 60 minutes and if it can not be executed in that interval, run as soon as possible. The task is not executed after every restart or start as you point, it has never done so, I've been using eset for 10 years, the update task is executed during a restart if and only if the time since the last update search has exceeded the 60 minutes.

Pretty sure it's just a cosmetic bug, but is very annoying.

17 hours ago, Rimmel said:

Found the offline installer version 390 and can confirm this fixes the problems I was having.

Where did you find it !?

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics, enable advanced update engine logging
- reboot the computer to reproduce the issue
- when the issue occurs and update appears to be stuck, create a dump of ekrn via the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics -> create (dump)
- disable logging
- collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature, upload the zip archive to a safe location and pm me a download link.

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:

- in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics, enable advanced update engine logging
- reboot the computer to reproduce the issue
- when the issue occurs and update appears to be stuck, create a dump of ekrn via the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics -> create (dump)
- disable logging
- collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature, upload the zip archive to a safe location and pm me a download link.

PM sent.

• Administrators

@NGR The issue concerns only gui. According to the logs and dump, "no update needed" was returned. At the time the dump of ekrn was generated, the system had been running for ~50 seconds and no update was attempted yet.

A fix for the gui issue will be included in future v10.1+ builds.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

@NGR The issue concerns only gui. According to the logs and dump, "no update needed" was returned. At the time the dump of ekrn was generated, the system had been running for ~50 seconds and no update was attempted yet.

Thank you !

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

Great news, hopefully do not delay too much, since it is a minor problem, but quite annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

my husband has this issue too. scanning upon reboot when it has a set time to do so.

but we know its a glitch that isnt on our end, this thread confirming it, so we just deal with it knowing it will eventually be fixed. it tries to scan in an endless loop every time the computer is booted but I simply stop its progress and manually update the virus database and its fine.

pain in the arse though

10 hours ago, teriluv said:

my husband has this issue too. scanning upon reboot when it has a set time to do so.

but we know its a glitch that isnt on our end, this thread confirming it, so we just deal with it knowing it will eventually be fixed. it tries to scan in an endless loop every time the computer is booted but I simply stop its progress and manually update the virus database and its fine.

pain in the arse though

The automatic update works just fine, no need to manually update.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, there's a new bug now (10.1.235): sometimes after log on the tray icon disappears, and i have to restart the gui.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, NGR said:

Unfortunately, there's a new bug now (10.1.235): sometimes after log on the tray icon disappears, and i have to restart the gui.

No problem here using Win 10 1703. What ver. of Windows are you using?

Also have you tried a repair installation? Also try locking the taskbar and see if that resolves the issue.

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, itman said:

No problem here using Win 10 1703. What ver. of Windows are you using?

Also have you tried a repair installation? Also try locking the taskbar and see if that resolves the issue.

Win7 SP1 64bit

taskbar is locked

How to repair install ? With the live installer ? Will that install the 10.1.235 version or the 10.1.219 ?

Edited by Guest

• Administrators
11 hours ago, NGR said:

If that happens and you start gui from the Start menu, does the splash screen appear or not?

Is it normal that the latest version (10.1.235) is slow to launch into the boot of the computer? Compare to the previous version (10.1.219) that will launch almost instantly?

News of version 11 in French?

Thank you

Edited by Dracon

4 hours ago, NGR said:

How to repair install ?

Use Windows built-in program uninstaller. When you select Eset and it starts up, it will ask whether you want to uninstall or do a repair. Select repair.

I have had a couple of Eset install on top of prior versions that "flaked off" for some reason. Repair usually fixes the issues. Other times not and I had to uninstall and then re-install.

Edited by itman

10 hours ago, Marcos said:

If that happens and you start gui from the Start menu, does the splash screen appear or not?

I keep splash screen disabled in advanced setup.

But since you mentioned it, i will re-enable it, and see what happens when i start the gui from start menu next time the tray icon disappears.

9 hours ago, itman said:

Use Windows built-in program uninstaller. When you select Eset and it starts up, it will ask whether you want to uninstall or do a repair. Select repair.

I have had a couple of Eset install on top of prior versions that "flaked off" for some reason. Repair usually fixes the issues. Other times not and I had to uninstall and then re-install.

Will do. Thank you.

Edited by Guest

On 22/10/2017 at 10:43 PM, Dracon said:

Is it normal that the latest version (10.1.235) is slow to launch into the boot of the computer? Compare to the previous version (10.1.219) that will launch almost instantly?

News of version 11 in French?

Thank you

V11 like 10.1.235 is slow to boot compare at v 10.1.219

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, Dracon said:

V11 like 10.1.235 is slow to boot compare at v 10.1.219

I think this is intentional. As posted by @Marcos in another post:

"Ekrn is started as soon as possible, among the first services. It's the crucial process responsible for protecting your system. As of v11, egui is loaded by the operating system when the resource load is lower. This change was needed in order to comply with Microsoft's conditions in terms of performance on startup and in order to receive certification."

26 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I think this is intentional. As posted by @Marcos in another post:

"Ekrn is started as soon as possible, among the first services. It's the crucial process responsible for protecting your system. As of v11, egui is loaded by the operating system when the resource load is lower. This change was needed in order to comply with Microsoft's conditions in terms of performance on startup and in order to receive certification."

Thanks