Unexpected return code: 5013

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced an unexpected return code of 5013 during the install of the ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.5.2094.0 All In One installer?

ESET installs as part of our OS deployment using MDT. I have no issues with Win7 or Win10 1607 Deployments but get the 5013 error with Win10 1703.

ESET starts to install and then does a Rollback at the end of the install. What's really interesting, is after the rollback and error, the ESET software is installed on the client and is working.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dave

ESET MDT Command

ESET Rollback Install

ESET Return Code

ESET MDT Log

• ESET Staff

Maybe it is related To Windows defender issues mentioned in other threads here? Make sure it is disabled, ideally via GPO. Hotfix is already available on download servers, we will update repository shortly (monday the latest).

I did see the new version (6.5.2107.1) for download on the website. I also checked to see if the All In One installer version (6.5.2107.1) was available on Remote Administrator, but it was still the older version (6.5.2094.0). I'll check again Monday.

• Administrators

Microsoft appears to have fixed the issue in the mean time so you shouldn't have issues with older builds of Endpoint either.

• ESET Moderators

Updated builds (version 6.5.2107.1 and later) of ESET endpoint products are available from the ESET download page and ESET Remote Administrator Repository. To upgrade clients on your network to the latest version: