Threat not ACTION on ERA

Hi all,

My clients report on ERA webconsole below file attach.At column ACTION, i see "NOT ACTION",i don't know it is mean ?So why eset deteted virus but not any action ( clean, delete...) ?

594b7f12bfc51_notaction.thumb.png.67be85ba8a7b92117582c6f37a8541d1.png

Hi MichaIJ,

I mean that : why not any action with threat detected ?Some threats have been action "clean or deteted".

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @MichalJ

Today i have problem as the same. I'm doing PoC with customer, they asked me that why don't have any "Action" occurred on Dashboard? Seems ESET Product can't not deleted these viruses? (See pic below)

1.thumb.png.ce5629aef6d8ac730c042b704b4326f3.png

Please help to explain and confirm that How to Eset products can detected and deleted the viruses on Dashboard?

This is very important in evaluating PoC were succeeded or failed!

Thanks so much!

• Administrators

I'd say the user had archives with prehistoric malware on the machine. If not all files were detected (e.g. innocuous ones were included in the archives as well), the scanner prompted the users for an action and no action was selected at the end of the scan.

Changing the cleaning mode to strict cleaning would cause the scanner not to wait for users action and all files (including PUAs and archives containing also clean files) would be cleaned automatically.

54 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Changing the cleaning mode to strict cleaning would cause the scanner not to wait for users action and all files (including PUAs and archives containing also clean files) would be cleaned automatically.

Hi @Marcos, @TheMalwareDiscoverer

I sure that i have set "strict cleaning" mode, try with re-scan..but still have not information in "Action" column. 

2 hours ago, HienKieu said:

Hi @Marcos, @TheMalwareDiscoverer

I sure that i have set "strict cleaning" mode, try with re-scan..but still have not information in "Action" column. 

wait man you have "strict cleaning" on real time protection or on "On-Demand" cleaning (alias cleaning you start to do pressing on "computer scan")? Because if you set strict cleaning only on Real time protection and not on On Demand Computer Scan when you start the scan of your pc the threats will be cleaned on normal mode; on the contrary if you set strict mode both on Real time file system protection and to On Demand Computer scan both if the threat is found by the real time protection and if the threat is found on the scan on demand it will be cleaned with "strict mode". Summarizing what I said: you must set strict mode (if you haven't done this) both on Real time file system protection and on On-Demand computer scan in the advanced configuration menu; if you set this tell us it so we can try different way to help you

8 hours ago, TheMalwareDiscoverer said:

Summarizing what I said: you must set strict mode (if you haven't done this) both on Real time file system protection and on On-Demand computer scan in the advanced configuration menu

Hi @TheMalwareDiscoverer

Thanks for sharing, but Are you sure that if i set "Strict Cleaning" mode both on Real-time and On-demand scanning, it will be show Actions in the column?

8 hours ago, HienKieu said:

Hi @TheMalwareDiscoverer

Thanks for sharing, but Are you sure that if i set "Strict Cleaning" mode both on Real-time and On-demand scanning, it will be show Actions in the column?

Yeah, if you want Strict Cleaning  mode on the scan you must set up this option on On-Demand scanning; if you set it up only on real time protection the cleaning is standard for On-demand scan. These threats as Marcos told you are very old so very innocuus and because of this Eset don't remove these owing to their outdated architecture and mode of action so they make little damages. If it doesn't work this method of set "Strict Cleaning" also on On-Demand Scanning tell me and I will give you other advices. P.S. after setting "Strict Cleaning" on the on-demand configuration start a Computer scan to remove this threats properly