ESET Endpoint Security 6.5 constantly restarting

Hi,

I have problem after upgrade from EES 6.4 to EES 6.5

Once the EES 6.5 gui is initialized, it starts to restart. The application is constantly restarting, the station has no communication with both the ERA server and the whole world. Modules in EES are inactive( firewall HIPS itd..), rebooting does not help, uninstalling and re-installing by hand  does not help. EEA 6.5 works OK.  I followed the instructons: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb5949/?viewlocale=en_US

Regards,

Krzysiek

• Administrators

Do you mean that the gui (egui.exe) or the kernel process ekrn.exe is continually restarting? Are there any records of it in the system event log?

Hi,

i've check  problem is with ekrn.exe.

in event logs are only:

ESET Service suddenly stop. restart application   

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7031</EventID>

ekrn.exe start again and so on....

• Administrators

Please check if dumps are created in C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Endpoint Security\Diagnostics folder. If so, upload at least two recent ones to a safe location and pm me download links along with the output from ESET Log Collector.

• ESET Moderators

Hello KrzysiekS.

in that case please enable dump creation on the affected machine.

In advanced settings go to Tools -> Diagnostics -> set dump type to Full and confirm by O.K. button.

On consequent ESET service crash a dump should be created in the location mentioned by Marcos.

Regards, P.R.

Hi,

Restarting EES 6.5 was caused by firewall rules. Interestingly, EES 6.4 worked well on that firewall rules. I have policy base mode, and unblock specific ports and hosts the rest is blocked. Communication with ERA server was unblock, also DNS, HTTP and HTTPS was unblocked for all hosts. What other ports are required for EES 6.5 to work properly? When I applied the ALL in ALL out policy, EES 6.5 started normally and worked fine.

Edited by KrzysiekS