Version 7.0.302.26 Released ... What is it?

howardagoldberg

On the ESET download page for offline downloads, the version has been bumped to 7.0.302.26 (from 7.0.302.0).

The MSI is about 3MB larger than 302.0. Anyone know what the difference is and if we should perform an update?

Inside the NOD32 interface, clicking on check for update indicates that 7.0.302.0 is "up to date."

Edited by howardagoldberg

• Former ESET Employees

Anything after the first three sets of numbers (7.0.302 in this case) is simply a regional localization suffix. In this case, it refers to diferent versions of the EULA for various regions.

So your version 7.0.302 is up to date, regardless of which numbers come after that. Thanks for the great question!

Anything after the first three sets of numbers (7.0.302 in this case) is simply a regional localization suffix. In this case, it refers to diferent versions of the EULA for various regions.

So your version 7.0.302 is up to date, regardless of which numbers come after that. Thanks for the great question!

... Except that:

1) If you download *any* of the localizations, the file version is all the same at the moment 7.0.302.26 (yes, I went through all of them -- same file version!). There seems to be no differentiation between localizations for version number or file size, and

2) This file is actually 3MB larger than what was posted for U.S. English on the release date which was 7.0.302.0.

Normally, the last numbers for localization are .0, .2, .3, etc. So, something else is at play here potentially -- thus my question. I am thinking there may actually be a glitch with the website.

Let us know if you find out anything. Thanks!

... Except that:

1) If you download *any* of the localizations, the file version is all the same at the moment 7.0.302.26 (yes, I went through all of them -- same file version!). There seems to be no differentiation between localizations for version number or file size, and

2) This file is actually 3MB larger than what was posted for U.S. English on the release date which was 7.0.302.0.

Normally, the last numbers for localization are .0, .2, .3, etc. So, something else is at play here potentially -- thus my question. I am thinking there may actually be a glitch with the website.

Let us know if you find out anything. Thanks!

i am in same confusion

• Administrators

The only change in 7.0.302.26 compared to 7.0.302.0 is an updated EULA. The fact that the msi installer is larger can be caused by current modules and engine that are always embedded when a newer installer is built.

The only change in 7.0.302.26 compared to 7.0.302.0 is an updated EULA. The fact that the msi installer is larger can be caused by current modules and engine that are always embedded when a newer installer is built.

7.0.302.26 is now being pushed out via the internal update mechanism in NOD32. The update size (vs. the full installer) is about 20MB. That's more than an EULA update ... and if it were only EULA, it would not be pushed out en masse, correct? Any chance of a change log being released?

7.0.302.26 is now being pushed out via the internal update mechanism in NOD32. The update size (vs. the full installer) is about 20MB. That's more than an EULA update ... and if it were only EULA, it would not be pushed out en masse, correct? Any chance of a change log being released?

I just received and installed this update via, Application update.

That is exactly what I thought. All that bandwidth for an EULA? No way.

DrTeeth FYI.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/1303-whats-new-in-7030226/?p=7198

Hello,

it was a bug, it was supposed to be available only for those, who would click on Check for new version and those who were doing fresh installation.

It wasn't intended to be pushed to all customers via regular update.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

DrTeeth FYI.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/1303-whats-new-in-7030226/?p=7198

Hello,

it was a bug, it was supposed to be available only for those, who would click on Check for new version and those who were doing fresh installation.

It wasn't intended to be pushed to all customers via regular update.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

... so, is it a problem if we did install .26? Still, 20MB for EULA smells funny. The full file is around 70MB. The update is 20MB. That cannot simply be EULA ... especially since there were no new modules installed via the update.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the PCU is always built for multiple versions of our products so it has to contain all parts of the product, which are not updated via regular update chanel i.e. the modules.