Nod32 keeps recommending KB2267602 and printer driver updates

phcahill

The Nod32 on my PC's always says there are important updates.

KB2267602 is marked as important. I have run Windows Update and checked for latest definitions within Windows 10 Security Centre

Driver updates for my Epson XP200 and Canon MX870 are shown as recommended. I have the latest drivers installed.

I can make the message go away temporarily by running Windows Update from the button in Nod32 but the alert will come back on the Nod32 taskbar icon after a while.

Anyone know of a solution? I don't like ignoring the alert status on Nod32 as one day it could be important.

W10 x64 Creators Edition 1703 Build 15063.413

Nod32 10.1.210.0

• Administrators

First of all, ESET takes information about available updates from Windows itself. In the advanced setup -> Tools -> MS Windows Update, make sure that Critical updates are selected. These are selected by default.

• Most Valued Members
28 minutes ago, phcahill said:

The Nod32 on my PC's always says there are important updates.

KB2267602 is marked as important. I have run Windows Update and checked for latest definitions within Windows 10 Security Centre

Driver updates for my Epson XP200 and Canon MX870 are shown as recommended. I have the latest drivers installed.

I can make the message go away temporarily by running Windows Update from the button in Nod32 but the alert will come back on the Nod32 taskbar icon after a while.

Anyone know of a solution? I don't like ignoring the alert status on Nod32 as one day it could be important.

W10 x64 Creators Edition 1703 Build 15063.413

Nod32 10.1.210.0

NOD32 will keep alerting you until you install KB2267602(defender definitions) as it's a critical update, hardware drivers also show up from time to time via NOD32 or EIS/ESS.

If you cant get (KB2267602) to install via "Windows Update" , then try running this from the command prompt.

"%programfiles%\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -signatureupdate -http

Once you install the critical update NOD32 or EIS/ESS wont alert you till the next batch of "Critical Updates" are needing installed and wont alert you about the printer(or other hardware) drivers.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Try opening Device Manager (filename; DEVMGMT.MSC), navigating to the entries for the EPSON XP-200 and Canon Pixma MX870 AIO printers, right-clicking on each one, respectively, and selecting Update driver from the context menu that pops up. 

This tells Device Manager to query the Windows Catalog repository with the hardware's GUID and performs a version check against the installed driver.  If a newer one is available in the Windows Catalog repository, this should cause it to get downloaded and installed onto your system.  Note that a reboot is sometimes required when a driver is updated.

I posted a somewhat-longish message on Reddit at reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6c7m22/built_a_midtier_gaming_pc_missing_drivers_quite/dhszac3/ giving some historical context to why this occurs.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I had already tried "%programfiles%\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -signatureupdate -http  in the past but Nod still reported that the KB is required.

Both printers have the latest drivers from the respective manufacturers. Device manager says "Best drivers for your device are already installed"

Nod32 has been great a spotting other device drivers such as Intel chipset and motherboard resources that have updates available from Microsoft. I would not want to turn off it's notifications for MS updates.

I have Nod on a few PCs. They all show the same symptoms.