Exclusions not remembered..?

thatguy

Hello --

I have a workstation running Endpoint AV 6.5.2094.0, with ERA pushing out policies.  For some reason (I'm assuming an auto-update changed something), a networked device is no longer able to connect into this machine;  however, when I disable the AV, everything works.  

I'm trying to exclude the listener program folder from scanning.  That used to be locked from the policy, so I unlocked it;  it's now editable on the workstation. I go into Real-time file system protection/Edit exclusions.. I Add the path, click Ok.  The correct path is shown in the Exclusions list.. I click Ok to close that window.   BUT, when I go back into the Exclusions window, the list is clear - no paths shown!

What could I be missing here? 

Thanks.

exclude.png

• Administrators

I can't seem to reproduce it with EPv6.5. If I enter the path to a file manually and click OK, it's added in the list.

Do you have the option to require full admin rights enabled in the advanced setup -> User interface -> Access setup? If so, do you get an UAC prompt when saving changes?

That setting Is enabled.. but we also disable UAC via Windows Group Policy.

I tried disabling that setting in the policy, as well as unlocking it completely, but still no good.

When I go into the Exclusion list via the UI->Setup->Real-time file...Edit exclusions, it asks for the ESET admin password and I can edit exclusions, but when I go back in, all paths are gone.

When I go into the Exclusion list via F5/Advanced Setup, it asks for the ESET admin password and I can edit exclusions.  This way, however, when I click Ok in the Advanced Setup window, it says "An error occurred while saving settings. Please make sure you that you have permissions to change settings" and I can only Cancel from that window.

Is UAC a necessity to add client-level exclusions? 

Thanks