Mac Os 10.13

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

thank you for your interest in the BETA testing.

We generally do not support BETA versions of any OSes, they usually change a lot and are not always stable themselves.

We will probably have a new generation of the ESET Cyber Security product for macOS, I may notify you in case you are being interested in the BETA testing.

Regards, P.R.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Is the BETA available? My eset version doesn´t work with OS 10.13.

The problem is, that this is now public beta and a lot of user will install the new version. So..if an existing eset version are ready, please send me a link or else... to download this :)

thx.

• Most Valued Members

ESET does not support Public Pre-Releases, Betas, or Developer Preview versions of macOS. Only the stable, publicly released versions of macOS.

Edited by planet

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 7/4/2017 at 11:28 PM, planet said:

ESET does not support Public Pre-Releases, Betas, or Developer Preview versions of macOS. Only the stable, publicly released versions of macOS.

But, what is the biggest difference between the Public Beta for macOS High Sierra and the Windows 10 Insiders Preview release, in which I can install any version - beta or not - of ESET Smart Security (Premium)?

Cheers

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, m4v3r1ck said:

But, what is the biggest difference between the Public Beta for macOS High Sierra and the Windows 10 Insiders Preview release, in which I can install any version - beta or not - of ESET Smart Security (Premium)?

My guess is that there is not enough of a user audience that would participate in public betas of macOS compared to Windows Insiders, so it is not suitable for ESET to try and constantly keep the Cyber Security suite compatible, as the inner workings are very different as well compared to ESS or EIS on Windows. From my understanding, this is also the case for most (if not all) other security vendors providing security software for macOS, as they normally release compatible versions around the public stable release date.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...