Time to move on

DrTeeth

Eset is being very short sighted.

I have 6 licences to renew at £75, yet I can not only get 10 licences of Kaspersky Internet Security for £29.99, every anti-virus seller is offering significant discounts (up to 50%) that make staying with eset too expensive and they will not budge on their price, saying that includes the loyalty discount!

Cheers

DrT

The source is 110% trustworthy (Amazon) and the price has dropped to £23.99!!!

Let's just forget that price at the moment (I won't) Eset is the most expensive option for me INCLUDING the loyalty discount. I could not get AV protection for eset's price anywhere else if I tried. Everybody seems to be offering new user discounts of up to 50%. One has to know where to find them...sometimes on has to setup an order and either cancel it or not complete it to get the best discount.

The phrase about shooting one's self in one's foot springs to mind.

Cheers

DrT

Edited by DrTeeth

If it sounds too good to be true........it probably is....

A single KAV license costs north of 20-25 USD on their site so 10 user license for 20 bucks hmmm

Suprisingly, it looks like a legit deal. It's not a third party seller, but Amazon itself that sells it for that price on the UK site.

The problem is that you have to use Kaspersky afterwards. :P (j/k)

Edited by King Grub

That price only available to Amazon Prime members. Then you have to add the VAT to it plus shipping to the U.S. since it is only CD based it appears.

Cheapest price for Total Security on Amazon in the U.S. is $40 for 5 licenses which is only $8 per license. Time perhaps for Eset to get back into the AV price war again?

Actually, I believe these are OEM licenses that places like Amazon, Newegg, etc. buy in bulk and repackage. Appears Eset has shut down that distribution channel.

Edited by itman

@ Itman

Totally wrong I'm afraid.

@ Everybody else

I bought the amazon offering for the actual price that it was offered at, viz £23.99. It is a full retail offering and installed and activated without any issues. Also, the UK's biggest electronics retailer (Currys) is also selling the same item at the same price.

Eset must be off their rocker if they think that I am going to renew at £75 when there are such cheaper deals available.

So to all of you who can do no better than to  spread FUD, you are wasting your money if you do not investigate further.

There is also a  downloadable digital version almost at the same price... for 10 devices... is a really attractive alternative. I love nod32 but at that price is just...

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, DrTeeth said:

@ Itman

Totally wrong I'm afraid.

@ Everybody else

I bought the amazon offering for the actual price that it was offered at, viz £23.99. It is a full retail offering and installed and activated without any issues. Also, the UK's biggest electronics retailer (Currys) is also selling the same item at the same price.

Eset must be off their rocker if they think that I am going to renew at £75 when there are such cheaper deals available.

So to all of you who can do no better than to  spread FUD, you are wasting your money if you do not investigate further.

Over the years I have tried quite a few different security suites and have always come home to Eset. 

Key factors to me when it comes to any security software are liking the software, peace of mind, ease of use, protection level, system resource impact, reputation and finally the cost now and renewals.

I can't say anything bad about Kaspersky Internet Security as I only used it about two maybe three weeks a year or so ago. It missed a few of my most important bench marks. Specifically peace of mind, I didn't like it, ease of use and system resource impact.

I think you are paying an introductory price. I would be considering the renewal cost. I only need a two system license so the cost difference is not that big of a deal. Don't get me wrong here I'm retired on a fixed income, money matters and I make a great deal of effort to save where I can. There is a cost threshold that I must consider for everything. However, Eset has not reached that threshold for me, yet.

I hope Kaspersky works well and you enjoy it, but for me I'll stick with Eset,

Out of idle curiosity what FUD are you talking about?

I think this thread is a dead horse and should be put to rest. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...right or wrong.

So GOOD BYE already.:wacko:

Edited by TomFace

Are Amazon undercutting Kaspersky?

I always found Amazon the dearer of the bunch when comparing other items so much so I always try to avoid amazon.

Dave