ESET Remote Administrator 6.5: Client connection interval

Hi,

Can you help me?

it necessary apply policy " Connection - Connect every 20 minutes " to agent ? because wake-up call to client computers not worked for me.

My network have 200 client computers

Regards

Edited by kaylor

• ESET Staff

Hi Kaylor, I am not sure if I correctly get your problem? Agent should connect automatically after deployment, with default connection interval (which is set to either 1 or 20 minutes, depending on the version used). If you have issues with agents not connecting, I would recommend checking agent trace logs / status html on affected clients.

On 2017-6-11 at 2:22 AM, MichalJ said:

Agent should connect automatically after deployment, with default connection interval (which is set to either 1 or 20 minutes, depending on the version used).

Hi MchalJ,

Sorry for the side-track but can you elaborate a little more on this? I always thought all 6.x Agent defaults to 1 minute connection interval.

On 10/6/2017 at 2:22 PM, MichalJ said:

Hi Kaylor, I am not sure if I correctly get your problem? Agent should connect automatically after deployment, with default connection interval (which is set to either 1 or 20 minutes, depending on the version used). If you have issues with agents not connecting, I would recommend checking agent trace logs / status html on affected clients.

Hi,

thanks for anwering

I dont have a problem, just a doubt, if I can keep the connection interval (1 min) in ESET agents.

Regards

• ESET Staff
15 hours ago, V2TW said:

Hi MchalJ,

Sorry for the side-track but can you elaborate a little more on this? I always thought all 6.x Agent defaults to 1 minute connection interval.

If I recall correctly, AGENTS v. 6.1 defaulted to 20 minutes -> this interval has been changed as a part of "modules" update and that is why even those old AGENTs should be now connecting in minute interval in case they are updating from ESET servers and interval is not explicitly specified by configuration policy.

7 hours ago, MartinK said:

If I recall correctly, AGENTS v. 6.1 defaulted to 20 minutes -> this interval has been changed as a part of "modules" update and that is why even those old AGENTs should be now connecting in minute interval in case they are updating from ESET servers and interval is not explicitly specified by configuration policy.

Thanks for the clarification.

On 10/6/2017 at 2:22 PM, MichalJ said:

Hi,

I dont have a problem, just a doubt, if I can keep the connection interval (1 min) in ESET agents.I will get a problem of performance ?

Regards

• ESET Staff

It depends on how big is your network (how many clients are connecting to your ERA Server) & also, how powerful is the machine.