ESET 6.5 update issues (multiple)

BDeep

• ESET Insiders

We are seeing many computers (right now about 10% of our fleet) with various ESET update errors after upgrading to ESET 6.5. These are all Windows Endpoint Security products (Macintosh computers are not reporting errors, thank gawd). Most of the time it is "General Compile Error" followed by "Out of Memory" error on these machines.

I'm on my administrator workbook (Elitebook 840 G3 16GB RAM (12 GB free) and 4 CPUs) and am getting General Compile Error.

Clearing the update cache from ERA (and confirming the task was successfully run) does nothing at all. Occasionally a reboot fixes the issue but we are finding the need to temporarily disable the GUI protection settings profile, manually clear the cache, re-enable the profile, and run updates. This will work for a day before crapping out again.

Today I moved the entire enterprise from using the local cache servers (HTTP proxy 3128 for updates) and set every computer globally in our enterprise to go out to the ESET servers for updates hoping this would resolve the issue (which it didn't). I'm sitting at my house having ESET update errors.

We can provide logs (or open up a support ticket) if needed.Frankly I just want to get this resolved so us in Tier III will stop getting escalated tickets ;)

Update: Logs attached from client "Events" log.

Logs 07June20172144.txt

Edited by BDeep

• Administrators

Problems with memory allocation during update compilation can be caused by the on-demand scanner logging every scanned file. Please make sure that you don't have "Log all files" enabled in the on-demand scanner setup. Otherwise disable it and restart the computer.

• ESET Insiders
On 6/8/2017 at 4:08 AM, Marcos said:

Problems with memory allocation during update compilation can be caused by the on-demand scanner logging every scanned file. Please make sure that you don't have "Log all files" enabled in the on-demand scanner setup. Otherwise disable it and restart the computer.

"other - log all objects" is, and has not, been enabled for any scanning method. Other ideas?