ESET Endpoint Security 6.5 cant install on Windows 10 with Creators Update

Knife

3 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

We are in the process of uploading the builds on the FTP, and making them available to partners. In ERA repository / download servers, it should be on Wednesday (there were some process issues on our side). However, if you want, I can arrange with technical support that we will make it available for you as soon as it is uploaded on FTP.

Thanks for the Update Michal, I'll keep an eye for it on the ERA repo, I prefer to test the deployment directly from the repo as it will be the only procedure I'd like to have in work, so even if the version is a fix to the issue, I'd like to see it work through the usual procedure of installing via ERA Console.

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, MichalJ said:

We are in the process of uploading the builds on the FTP, and making them available to partners. In ERA repository / download servers, it should be on Wednesday (there were some process issues on our side). However, if you want, I can arrange with technical support that we will make it available for you as soon as it is uploaded on FTP.

count me in for that FTP Link. I am under pressure to roll out those new images.

regards

richard

Edited by rkok

• ESET Moderators

Hello,
I have sent you download links, so please check your forum inbox.
For anyone else who wants the links, please contact me individually via forum message.
Regards,
T.

• ESET Staff

@KrzysiekS Hello, no. We always release only minor releases. 6.5 is a just a minor change build compared to 6.4. So we always publish hot-fixes only for the newest version of the product.

confirming that this build is installing fine on windows 10 with creator update included.

regards

richard

7 minutes ago, rkok said:

confirming that this build is installing fine on windows 10 with creator update included.

regards

richard

Thanks Richard, these are great news.

Looking forward to install them once they hit the repo.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I have sent the links to those who asked for them.

Once again, for anyone else who wants the links, please contact me individually via forum message.

No need to add to this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

T.

18 hours ago, foneil said:

ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 6.5.2107.1 have been released
https://forum.eset.com/topic/12357-eset-endpoint-security-and-eset-endpoint-antivirus-version-6521071-have-been-released/

Thank you @foneil - looking forward to see it on eset repo.

1 minute ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello Avielc,

the upload to repo will probably take few more days.

Regards, P.R.

Thanks Peter, 
This is a little off the Wednesday schedule, but understandable.
I assume I'll be seeing it next week and be able to test deployments + start to fully deploy organization-wide.

10 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

some fresh news :-) 

@avielc hopefully it will go well. 

That is fresh :)
Unfortunately, it's not a working day for me, so only Sunday it'll be in affect (which means more time for it sit well in the repo, and catch some clients' feedback

Thanks for the update!

Edited by avielc
thanking is important

12 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

some fresh news :-) 

@avielc hopefully it will go well. 

Thanks Peter for that. Fresh news indeed :)

Hello,

I have updated my Win10pro to this buggy Creator Update :( , the "Great Windows Defender" gave me a PITA, I managed to kill this "piece of junk" by:

1. change service "SecurityHealthService" autorun to "manual" by reg-fix:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService 
Value name: Start
Value: change from "2" to "3"

2. Reboot, this stopped WD for me, but EEA didn't want to work, not uninstall nor update, so I had to do clean install 6.5.xx....

3. Reboot to SafeMode, then I run esetuninstaller.exe , removed all Eset software (I had ver. EEA 6.3.xxx & RemoteAgent)

4. Reboot to SafeMode again, and check f all eset products are removed using esetuninstaller.exe

5. Normal reboot, install EEA 6.5.2107.1

@MikeD, @Peter Randziak, @TomasP

Hi All,

For some reason, even after a clean install, I still get that message on startup, and the message doesn't disappear from the Windows maintenance window on 1703:

attaching screenshot

Any advice on the matter?

Thanks guys.

update eset.JPG

• ESET Moderators

Hello Avielc,

can you please check if the Endpoint is activated if it performed an update successfully? i.e. what version of Detection engine does it have? 

Regards, P.R.

@Peter Randziak - Couldn't find which you were talking about (RootKit Detection didn't sound right)

So I pasted everything from my local client. (EEA 6.5.2107.1)

Let me know if you need anything else, or what's next.

Advanced heuristics module: 1176 (20170217)
Anti-Stealth support module: 1113 (20170530)
Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1522.1 (20170621)
Archive support module: 1265 (20170623)
Cleaner module: 1135 (20170505)
Configuration module (33): 1466.11 (20170413)
Cryptographic protocol support module: 1010 (20170109)
Database module: 1090 (20170522)
ESET SysInspector module: 1269 (20170321)
HIPS support module: 1285 (20170529)
Internet protection module: 1303.1 (20170516)
LiveGrid communication module: 1022 (20160401)
Network protection module: 1475 (20170627)
Rapid Response module: 10302 (20170627)
Real-time file system protection module: 1016 (20170609)
Rootkit detection and cleaning module: 1018 (20170601)
Translation support module: 1607 (20170605)
Update module: 1069 (20161122)
Virus signature database: 15652 (20170627)

Edited by avielc

• ESET Moderators

Hello Avielc,

do you have correct system date and time on the affected system?

If yes does ecmd /registerav help? - needs to be run from elevated command line. ecmd is located in %programfiles%\eset\$ESET product name

Also does a reinst help or the issues is is present on the affected system(s) permanently?

How many systems are affected by it?

Regards, P.R.

5 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello Avielc,

do you have correct system date and time on the affected system? - system date is correct to our timezone\AD

If yes does ecmd /registerav help? - needs to be run from elevated command line. ecmd is located in %programfiles%\eset\$ESET product name - Returns error "Error executing command." no more detail on the cmd- on elevated mode

Also does a reinst help or the issues is is present on the affected system(s) permanently? - i am after full clean and reinstall. it affects the system permanently.

How many systems are affected by it? - I can't tell as there is no indication unless you have a Win10 with 1703 (Creators update) and you restart the computer to get the notification.

Most users aren't bothered with it, as it doesn't appear on screen after that time. (and ESET gui\ notifications are closed\kept to minimal visual appearance (using eset policy)  to avoid users messing with it.)

Regards, P.R.

Answering inside the message

• ESET Moderators

Hello Avielc,

thank you for the answers provided.

Can you please send me an output from ESET log collector tool, I will have to check this with devs as I'm out of ideas.

Thank you, P.R.

45 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello Avielc,

thank you for the answers provided.

Can you please send me an output from ESET log collector tool, I will have to check this with devs as I'm out of ideas.

Thank you, P.R.

Sent it to you via message

Waiting to hear back from you