Jump to content

No progress bar, update non-existent drivers, numbers on options


Recommended Posts

Updated to new version today and have these comments, problems.

No progress bar on scan so have no idea when a scan which has been running for over three hours will end.

Program wants me to update large number of files in which I have no interest.  In case of printer, it wants me to update the five year old driver.  However, that is the latest version.  Is there anyway to clear this list?

In advanced setup there are numbers after each of the items.  What do they mean?

Thank you.

Edited by fxleg
insert something
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

1, The progress bar was replaced with moving points since it was misleading. It could go to 90% quickly due to folders with only few files inside and to scan the remaining 10% it took ages because of large Windows, Users and Program Files folders.

2, The information about available updates comes from Windows Update. I reckon this happens when you choose to be notified about optional updates as well. You can configure ESET to be notified only when critical Windows updates are not installed.

3, The numbers mean how many changes to default settings were made. Some settings, such as drivers allowed to load, are configured automatically after installation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Marcos for your answer.  I understand all the points but can not find where in advanced setup I can omit the available update info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
35 minutes ago, fxleg said:

Thank you Marcos for your answer.  I understand all the points but can not find where in advanced setup I can omit the available update info.

It's actually in advanced - tools. There is a microsoft system update bit. You can disable it or set it to things like only critical updates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, fxleg said:

Thank you Marcos for your answer.  I understand all the points but can not find where in advanced setup I can omit the available update info.

I thought a couple of screen shots may help to go along with what peteyt posted.

I always have trouble remembering where the setting is.

 

 

 

Tools.png

Tools2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...