Weird Firewall Alert

Win 10 1607, Eset SS ver. 10.1.210

As the title states, this is a weird one.

I was in the process of creating a user HIPS rule. I accessed Eset on-line help through the rule interface as I had done many times previously. An Eset firewall alert pops up about an insecure firewall being created with an option to revert back to secure default rules? What the .........? I was creating a HIPS rule, not a firewall rule! I clicked on the alert button option to restore default secure firewall rules.

Exited the HIPS setup w/o creating the rule and opened the Eset Firewall section to see what "default" rules changed. Only thing that I noticed was the default rule to allow all Eset egui.exe outbound access had been unchecked? Again, what the ..........? I re-enabled that rule since obviously it was required.

Note: I have enabled the Eset GUI password option.

I have also been getting inexplicable occasional IE11 browser lockups since upgrading to ver. 10.1.210. When this occurs, it also affects any subsequent process start up that requires a UAC elevated prompt, locking up that processes for a delayed period of time.

Might be reverting back to ver. 10.1.390 which I had none of the above issues.

• Administrators

Unfortunately, I have no clue what you mean by " An Eset firewall alert pops up about an insecure firewall being created with an option to revert back to secure default rules". A screen shot might shed more light.

Only thing that I noticed was the default rule to allow all Eset egui.exe outbound access had been unchecked

I, for one, have no clue how this could happen except that a configuration with this pre-configured and hidden rule disabled was imported.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately, I have no clue what you mean by " An Eset firewall alert pops up about an insecure firewall being created with an option to revert back to secure default rules". A screen shot might shed more light.

Couldn't duplicate it. As such, I assume the original firewall popup I described was due to the Eset equi.exe outbound firewall rule being disabled. Although, I know I did not previously disable it.

If it reappears, I will post back with a screen shot.