The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory

When trying to update from ESET Antivirus 6.4 to 6.5 through ERA, I am seeing the following error on some (but not all) installs. 

At this point, it has stripped the previous version of ESET, but fails to complete the installation of the new version, leaving the machine unprotected. 

SoftwareInstallation: Installation failed with: (0x643), Fatal error during installation (0x643), The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Endpoint Antivirus\Logs\eScan. The installation cannot continue

Edited by BenjaminMH

• Administrators

Please generate a Process monitor log during installation and also collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature.

When done, compress the pml log, upload it together with ELC logs to a safe location and pm me download links.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please generate a Process monitor log during installation and also collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature.

When done, compress the pml log, upload it together with ELC logs to a safe location and pm me download links.

Working on it. It seems like if you reboot the machine after the the failure, and then try to reinstall, it works. Trying to replicate the issue on another machine that I have access to. 

• Administrators

If you reproduce the issue on another machine, try quitting egui by holding shift and clicking X before upgrade without rebooting the machine. Make sure that egui.exe is not among running processes. Let us know about your findings.

It looks like this issue is being caused by a component of the LogMeIn software we have on computers. 

wa_3rd_party_host_32.exe which is a component of OESIS that polls client AV software for status information appears to be hanging and has the ESET eScan directory open. 
I have an open support ticket with LogMeIn