Users Computers not showing in ERA panel

I have setup a ERA server and been adding licences, licences sync fine. I did a test run here in the office on 4 PC's, built the installer, made a static group and then installed on 4 PC's in house. The 4 PC's showed up in the ERA console with no issues.  So now I have created multiple static groups for my clients (Client A, Client B and so on) when I built the installers I picked the static group as I did with my original 4 test machines. I have installed 2 sites and none of those machines are showing in the console like my test machines. So I decided to take one of the companies EXE's I built and loaded it on a VM at a remote data center we have to see if it popped up in the console right away.  

I am curious if anyone has seen this and if there is a fix, Thanks

• Administrators

Are there any errors in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html or trace.log on the computers that do not appear in the ERA console?

• ESET Staff

Unfortunatelly provided trace.log seems to come from computer where your ERA is installed, as it is connecting to "localhost" - is this right? We will need the same log from machine that is not able to connect to ERA (i.e. I would expect it to be connecting to your external hostname/IP address).

Most common issues in this case are:

• blocked network access to ERA SERVER, port 2222 by default ,which is used for AGENT<->SERVER communication. This may require some firewall/NAT configuration changes
  • certificate used by SERVER not signed for external hostname or IP address

Thank you for taking a look, I will admit I am a noob with ERA.  I figured it out, when I was building the installers I was using the hostname not the external IP.

lol away