Eset Internet security drives me nuts

I just installed Eset Internet Security this week (latest version downloaded from Eset).

When I start chrome it takes ages for Eset to verify. The same applies to Dashlane and my VPN. I have a solid state HD and fiber into the home and fast pc. The difference before and after installing EIS is stunning and not acceptable.

I added them to exceptions, but the difference now I get at least a connection with my VPN (no connection at all before I added it to exceptions), albeit very slowly.

Mots of the times Chrome says with Dashlane 'Time out'.

So what to do? I can go back to another safety solution, but paid top dollar for this one.

• Administrators

When I start chrome it takes ages for Eset to verify.

Do you mean that the browser window opens too long or what you mean by that it takes ESET to verify something?

Dashlane is a password manager. Does it have to connect to vendor's servers and this is what takes long?

Does temporarily disabling protocol filtering make a difference?

Yes, it opens way to long and it must be Eset, because when I stop the firewall everything goes normal

Yes it has to connect to their servers and it takes way too long (time-out screen appears)

I didn't try disengaging protocol filtering yet, I just stopped the firewall

• Administrators

If temporarily disabling firewall via gui solves the issue, please carry on as follows:

- in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics enable advanced firewall logging
- reproduce the issue
- disable advanced logging
- collect logs using ESET Log Collector as per the instructions linked in my signature.

When done, send me a pm and attach the generated zip file. If it's bigger than 2 MB, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.