Jump to content

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.5 unregisters


Recommended Posts

Good day. About a week ago we encountered a problem with our ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.5. We have a server with ERA 6.5 and about 300 various computers with EA 6.5. Everything was OK, but on last week some clients (about 5 so far) running Windows 8.1 Enterprise have Endpoint Antivirus deactivated after restart. Maybe some Windows Update caused this situation? I tried to run the Activate client task on these clients, but without success. Currently we are solving this problem by reinstalling the ESET EA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Pavel Nosov said:

Good day. About a week ago we encountered a problem with our ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.5. We have a server with ERA 6.5 and about 300 various computers with EA 6.5. Everything was OK, but on last week some clients (about 5 so far) running Windows 8.1 Enterprise have Endpoint Antivirus deactivated after restart. Maybe some Windows Update caused this situation? I tried to run the Activate client task on these clients, but without success. Currently we are solving this problem by reinstalling the ESET EA.

I would like to confirm this as well.  Except, I have about 6,000 endpoints and it is not with all of them, but enough to be noticeable.  Out of curiosity, what is the status that is being reported to ERA?  In my specific case, I see that the machine in ERA is reporting the status that the definitions are out of date.  While this is true, the underlying status of the product not being activated in not being reported.  On the client, it clearly states that the product is not activated.  I opened a ticket this morning with support, but I would like to know if others are having similar issues as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kingoftheworld said:

Out of curiosity, what is the status that is being reported to ERA?  In my specific case, I see that the machine in ERA is reporting the status that the definitions are out of date.  While this is true, the underlying status of the product not being activated in not being reported.  On the client, it clearly states that the product is not activated.

In ERA these clients have a "Product is not activated" problem in alerts tab. Moreover, these clients do keep updating the definitions automatically. And of course, in the client itself there is a warning about product activation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...