Hello all

I have a really strange situation in Eset license management

Near some servers (many) it says 33 seats, 32 seats so on.

I have contacted eset and they explained me many things, except what I asked.

What is that "seats"? Does 2 seats or 33 seats mean that I am waisting 2 or 33 licenses on a single computer? See attach for exemplification

Thank you

eset.png

Edited by Orascu Vlad
grammar

• Administrators

On terminal servers the number of seats represents the number of clients connecting to it. It's similar to licensing products for mail servers - it depends on the number of protected mailboxes and it's not a license for 1 seat just because it's one server.

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

On terminal servers the number of seats represents the number of clients connecting to it. It's similar to licensing products for mail servers - it depends on the number of protected mailboxes and it's not a license for 1 seat just because it's one server.

So basically 33 seats is 33 licenses?  Did not know that 

Edited by Orascu Vlad

• ESET Staff

It depends on the form of licensing. For terminal server, ESET Licensing policy tells, to buy a one seat per one terminal session. In your case, if you are using a standard license for ESET File Security (or a bundle license), you are paying by conversion where one "seat" (unit) = one physical server instance (one protected OS instance). You are not behaving according to ESET license recommendations, however you are not overusing the issued license, as that one is "per server".

Details are listed here: http://support.eset.com/kb2667/#q5

Edited by MichalJ