Programm can't be updated because can't find "ess_nt64_rus.msi" file

I can't update ESET Smart Security to the newest version. Sometimes I receive suggestions to update ESES, but when I press OK and go through steps, the process stops at 83% and I get the message (see attachment) that "ess_nt64_rus.msi" can't be found. So I use licensed ESET but the programm is old and wasn't updated since I installed it.. As far as I understand it's the installation file that system used when I first installed program few years ago and probably I deleted it when cleared computer. And now I can't update ESET, I also can't uninstall it using standard Windows options through Control Panel and then to install a newer version because there is only one option "to change program" and when I change it, I get the message shown on the picture attached. I tried to download "ess_nt64_rus.exe" file and to choose it as a file that programm is missing but ESET doesn't see it because it has another ending ("exe" instead of "msi"). Can anybody suggest how to solve it and update ESET to the newest version?

2017-05-18_13-56-50.png

• Administrators

The installation msi file is copied to c:\windows\installer and it's also stored in "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Installer". If it's not there, use the Uninstall tool in safe mode.