Unable to create or save firewall rules at my Endpoint Security clients

alexroz

Hello

I noticed that following problems with all my Endpoint Security clients:

• Endpoint Security clients fail to save / create a new firewall rules in Learning Mode
  • Endpoint Security clients unable to save new rules with Network troubleshooting wizard at all clients

I suggest it's some thing wrong with my polices at the server...

I have ESET Remote Administrator Server 6.5.417.0 and ESET ENDPOINT SECURITY 6.5.2094.0

How can I create different custom rules for small amount of particular endpoint security clients with. When which one of them needs different custom rules.

Edited by alexroz

• ESET Staff

Do you have an policy in ERA v6 that configured also firewall rules? If yes, firewall rules are "read only" and could not be affected by learning mode / troubleshooting wizard. Only workaround is, to de-apply the policy with firewall rules, so values becomes "read-write" again. We are planning to adjust this behavior to the release of Endpoint in winter.

1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

Do you have an policy in ERA v6 that configured also firewall rules?

Yes. I have applied the hxxp://support.eset.com/kb6132/ recommendations.

1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

Only workaround is, to de-apply the policy with firewall rules, so values becomes "read-write" again.

What do you mean by "de-apply"? Do you suggest to remove all the firewall policies from the server?

How the policy would becomes "read-write" again?

Edited by alexroz

• ESET Staff

Policy settings could be done the way, that you run the learning mode, while the master policy is not applied (not assigned to clients), then request its configuration via task, convert the configurstion into policy and apply it together with your master policy, with a corresponding flag (prepend / append). That would apply both the learning mode settings and master policy.

26 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Policy settings could be done the way, that you run the learning mode, while the master policy is not applied (not assigned to clients), then request its configuration via task, convert the configurstion into policy and apply it together with your master policy, with a corresponding flag (prepend / append). That would apply both the learning mode settings and master policy.

Sorry... Can you explain it in more details...

I have no idea how particularly it can be implemented.