real-time file system protection makes PC unusable

HPsauce

Hi 

I have Endpoint Security 6 on Windows 10 with all latest updates, including "Creator".

With real-time file system protection turned on I can't unzip files with either Windows or 7Zip. Windows Extract does nothing, and 7zip hangs without opening the file. in Explorer, file transfers often sit on 0% and can't be cancelled. Switching off real-time file system protection and restarting windows Explorer makes everything OK.

• Administrators

Please provide a Process Monitor log from the time when the issue occurs. For instructions how to generate a Procmon log, see the appropriate link in my signature.

@HPsauce, we had similar problems with ESET + Windows Defender. Do you have deactivate it with GPOs? If not do it, one scanner is enough, two for normal HDDs the dead.

• Administrators

On Windows 10 Defender should deactivate automatically after ESET has been activated. Only when ESET is uninstalled or the detection engine becomes outdated, Defender will re-activate.

normaly yes, but fresh windows updates from time to time sometime it activates defender because it thinks eset is not "important" enough. We disable defender for beeing save for this outtakes.

MS is MS :P