Eset Antivirus 10.0.390.0 not loading in Vista

AAU

I updated the product version from 9.x to the "latest" version 10.0.390 two days ago, I kept getting Windows build-in Security Monitor Program prompting me that I do not have any antivirus program installed, I can't manually activate the Eset within this program NOR I can't launch the Eset from program manager (double click the "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe"). I have to reboot three time before it launched itself, I have initiated a "rollback update" function now, my question is:

1. How can I really "rollback" to previous version 9.x, (I do not have any problem with this version so far)?;

2. Its this version has compatibility problem with Windows Vista Home Premium?

3. Searching thru this forum, I found I am not updating to the latest version ( 10.1.210) using Product Update function in Eset, problem?

Your help will be much appreciated.

-Albert

• Administrators

The problem with WSC not recognizing ESET is most likely outside ESET. If you want to roll back to v9 (not recommended as it doesn't contain ransomware protection, advanced script scanner, etc.), you can uninstall v10 and install v9 from scratch.

I'd suggest uninstalling v10.0.390, using the Uninstall tool in safe mode to ensure that it's completely removed and then download and run ESET Live Installer which will download and install v10.1.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

The problem with WSC not recognizing ESET is most likely outside ESET. If you want to roll back to v9 (not recommended as it doesn't contain ransomware protection, advanced script scanner, etc.), you can uninstall v10 and install v9 from scratch.

I'd suggest uninstalling v10.0.390, using the Uninstall tool in safe mode to ensure that it's completely removed and then download and run ESET Live Installer which will download and install v10.1.

Thank you for your reply however:-

1. Please let me know where I can find the V9 download? (as last resort!)

2. Do you have any insights (reports) about WSC in Vista that doesn't recognize ESET?

3. Am I exposed to virus attack if I keep the "rollback" status on for next 36 hours? if I waited for the v10.1 to roll-out from Eset? as using the uninstall tool seems too intimidating (involving backup and reinstall network cards...etc) for ordinary computer users. 

Thanks again!

-Albert