Eset smart security 32-64 bit proces

I agree with Arakasi.

ESET knows their software in and out, and have developed and improved their software/s over a long period of time. And if there would be something they can do to make it run better, faster, more effective or whatever they would of course already have done it to the products.

Norton360 uses less resources in what way exactly?

If it is about the "low" RAM usage then i'm not interested, too many discussions about that already. If not then go ahead tell us more  :D  

Fanboy this Fanboy that LOL! Arakasi likes the software and how it runs on his machine, and so do I for that matter.

If that makes me a fanboy then so be it. Great software = happy boy!

And I hereby officially ban the word Fanboy, it is overused everywhere these days.  

Edited by SweX

You cannot ban anything so get of your high horse.

Really are clueless of course its to do with less memory same as the Mod here used as reason for using a 32bit process over a 64bit process.

I already stated I would be happy to use a bit more memory and to think any software is perfect and can not be improved is being blind.

You and your buddy above (seem to be on ESET payroll) need to learn to accept other opinions even if you do not agree and I do not see anything funny TBH.

On the old forum I never really had words with anyone in all my years there but this new forum seems to have a few plants in it who cannot see anything said against ESET even if constructively negative.

You seem to forget I am a customer so like the product overall.

I do not have time for fools or plants/fanboys so will set both you to ignore.

Edited by Temp Member

LOL

Your wrong on being on the payroll.

Your wrong that being supportive of a brand gets you nothing. Ahem , Eset just had a beta test of their version 7 software, and 500 customers received licenses just for commenting with words, the ups and downs. Just like we are simply commenting here now. Being smug like yourself is what gets you nothing and no where, assisting and helping people choose the best for their own systems when it gets me nothing but a good feeling that i helped someone is a great reward.

I have used several other brands of anti viruses.I will list them here :
Avast, Kaspersky, Microsoft Security essentials, BitDefender. Trend micro, Avira, Mcafee, Norton, Sophos, and Webroot.

I work in a computer shop, i service computers all day everyday. I write progams and apps, languages are Basic and C++, I also do network analysis and setups for small to medium sized business, i penetration test. I setup security for all customers, home or business. I also perform forensic analysis on computers. I have 17 years in the IT industry under my belt.

I don't sit here and parade around saying use ESET use ESET use ESET, nothing is better, because i like their color scheme of green and white.

Its because i know its good software, plain and simple.

The company as a whole does very good things for the good of the community not just for the web, but for real world scenarios as well that has nothing to do with computers. They are a company that gives back. They deserve a little praise. i owe them much and i have my own personal reasons for it.

You sir need to take a trip over to here : hxxp://www.eset.com/us/presscenter/press-releases/

To learn about the huge helping hand they provide for everyone besides their software.

Thank you

A proper written code for 64bit will run better in a 64bit OS than 32bit code will.

I bet you will eventually get round to it.

Continuous  product improvement is a requirement for all businesses including AV software.

Clearly some code in an AV product needs to run at a native level to achieve the desired functionality.

Other code is going to be less critical both for function and performance but may consume considerable resources to produce and maintain.

Good design of a product supporting multiple processors and operating systems will involve careful consideration of how each aspect of product functionality is achieved.

If they were only supporting 64bit Intel processors then yes all of the code is going to be natively compiled for that target.

In reality they have come from, and continue to support a 32 bit environment as well as 64bit processors. As such an implementation with some shared code between 32 and 64bit version maybe better than completely independent implementations. The senior systems analyst at ESET will have reviewed this decision multiple times already. As a user of their code we are not going to have the information required to sensibly make this decision.

We know when ESET has got it wrong as their program performs poorly or they go broke. As I do not believe either of these are occurring their systems analysis must actually be quite good.

Edited by Patch

You and your buddy above (seem to be on ESET payroll) need to learn to accept other opinions even if you do not agree and I do not see anything funny TBH.

First you said your opinion, then Arakasi said his opinion, and after that you called him a fanboy and that he was defensive. So it was you who didn't accept his opinion I would say. 

Now let's leave this behind and let ESET develop their software shall we.

Mr. Temp member
I see that you understand the topic of this post, and for some speakers here have the feeling that
they forgot that there was a development of 64-bit code, and why is he even introduced, and it also seems to me that some speakers do not have detailed knowledge of how to properly written in 64 bit code runs faster and better without any major seizure of resources ...

My question was why ESET one of its main service to its product running in 32-bit code on 64-bit computers, and well say that it was in good faith and constructively question.

If we look at modern security softwares Nod nothing lighter than Norton or Kasperski or BitDefender ... Light does not automatically mean good because there are extra lightweight antivirus which are based in the cloud, so ineffective when not connected to the Internet at any given moment .. This is not no attack or manifestation of the ego, but only an act of democracy that more people gain access to some information that they may not have known ....

Mr. Arakasi.
In my state license for security testers is around 20,000 euros and must be renewed within a specified period.

Quality programming requires long-term training. Quality maintenance of pc services also often have to attend training

at major manufacturers of hardware to be familiar with new technologies.
You claim that you are doing it, and I then I must congratulate you because

since the days of the Amiga or Atari I have not met a person who would also be a quality developer - service - and a security expert ..

. I'm sure you know, and legislation concerning copyright and regulating who does not and how to work with Microsoft products: Windows, Office, .

.. Do not touch the story of ego and professionalism because you dragged the discussion in an entirely wrong direction.

I guess you understand that the forum is not a circus, and that does not need to be any fun here people come for jokes and entertainment.

The aim of these forums is to find answers to questions that are not in the official tutorials and advertisements on the manufacturer,

and the goal of this particular post is to ascertain why ESET one of its main service is written in 32 bit code in the software which

is for 64 bit computers a 64 bit code is introduced in order to secure their time better and faster use of modern hardware ....
Soon it will be a well-known European telecom company organized independent testing security software to transfer the TV and live stream
so will there be a place for stories and comparisons, and here is intended only to establish what I have described ....

The aim of these forums is to find answers to questions that are not in the official tutorials and advertisements on the manufacturer,

and the goal of this particular post is to ascertain why ESET one of its main service is written in 32 bit code in the software which

is for 64 bit computers a 64 bit code is introduced in order to secure their time better and faster use of modern hardware ....

But it looks like 7 replies by ESET mods on the first page in this thread is not enough. Instead it have evolved into a

"I know best" type of discussion.  :(

Edited by SweX

I had to chuckle at your response Swex.

3-4 different ESET employees and 7-8 different posts attempting to explain and answer the question.

Yet still , we have argumentative posts and direct finger pointing at the ones who are simply trying to help with understanding.

Whether it be compatibility, or speed, or to cut down on errors. I can think of a grip of reasons they have chosen to build their software the way it is.

I think ESET is fast enough. I could not imagine it running any faster. :unsure:

As far as Norton is concernced. That is NOT a lightweight piece of software.

I remove it from computers everyday. It solves slowness and crashing issues on every computer that comes through my shop running it. ESET gets installed next, and they do backflips at the change in their computer responsiveness.

I don't make these statements blindly, i have experience with it. 32bit and 64 bit OS's running.

Good afternoon to all .

Edited by Arakasi