Alerts now showing when using chrome

Hi,

When I am using google chrome as a browser, any desktop alerts do not show.   I have tested with the eicar test file, and they are being detected fine, but there is no alert showing on the desktop.  This alert works fine when using internet explorer.   I have been into advanced setup and set it to alert when in full screen mode, but this makes no difference.

Any idea's ? 

I am running ESS 7, windows 8.1

** sorry, title should read Alerts NOT showing when using Chrome...........my bad**

Edited by rollers

Slight change to the above...........all three chrome alerts suddenly showed up together about 5 minutes later!  Weird I know, explorer ones are instant. 

EDIT......it just did the no alert with internet explorer too.  I will try a reboot and see what happens.

When I installed 7 I did the over the top installation and after that upgraded to windows 8.1.   So I have done an uninstall and cleaned out any remains before doing a fresh install of ESS 7 which seems to have done the trick so far.  I will update if there are any changes.

For the info of anyone else having the same problems.

Edited by rollers

Perhaps I will go for the clean install option when upgrading in the future.

Always have always will  ;) But if I upgrade from V7 build 302 to 305 or whatever I always do these from within the product as they are just minor changes/improvements for the most part. But from V7 to V8 then I would do a clean install yes.