I have recently upgraded to Eset Smart Security Premium and this post relates to Password Manager.

When I turn the p.c. 'on' in the morning, I enter the Password Manager 'Master Password'.

All goes well and, after using the p.c., I decide to put it to sleep, while I carry on with other matters in the house.

Then my wife wants to use the p.c. She has to enter the Master Password until she has finished using the p.c. and puts it back in sleep mode.

30 minutes later I want to go back to the p.c., 'wake' the p.c. and I have to re-enter the Master Password.

I would not leave the p.c. in sleep mode whilst being away from the house for obvious security reasons, however, whilst I am in and around the house/garden, I would like to have the facility to put the p,.c. to sleep whilst leaving the password manager still 'logged in'.

I have looked at Settings and other Password Manager Forum entries but cannot find how to do what I am trying to achieve.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Most Valued Members
On 2017-5-4 at 7:16 PM, Dorset Rover said:

I have recently upgraded to Eset Smart Security Premium and this post relates to Password Manager.

When I turn the p.c. 'on' in the morning, I enter the Password Manager 'Master Password'.

All goes well and, after using the p.c., I decide to put it to sleep, while I carry on with other matters in the house.

Then my wife wants to use the p.c. She has to enter the Master Password until she has finished using the p.c. and puts it back in sleep mode.

30 minutes later I want to go back to the p.c., 'wake' the p.c. and I have to re-enter the Master Password.

I would not leave the p.c. in sleep mode whilst being away from the house for obvious security reasons, however, whilst I am in and around the house/garden, I would like to have the facility to put the p,.c. to sleep whilst leaving the password manager still 'logged in'.

I have looked at Settings and other Password Manager Forum entries but cannot find how to do what I am trying to achieve.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

In settings you can tell the program how long to stay unlocked for or if to stay unlocked for good each session (not recommended). However I think sleep mode is different and it may simply lock itself each time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you 'peteyt' - I saw your message for the first time today.

I might put the question to Eset Customer Care and assuming I receive a response from them, I will post their answer on this forum.

Thanks again.

Further to my message shown above, I forwarded the query to Eset Support on 20th May and received the following response from them on 22nd May:

Good afternoon

Currently, it’s not possible, however I will submit it as a market requirement, which, if there’s enough call for it, it will be implemented.

I apologise for the inconvenience

Many thanks

Neal Emery,

Eset Certified Technician

Technical Customer Care Engineer

(Question sent on Saturday - Responded to on Monday -  Very good customer service.)