Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) is disabled

Hi guys,

I have ESET ERA 6.5. I was reinstall ESET Endpoint Antivirus 5 to Endpoint Security 6.5. Process reinstall was ok, but in status on host I have this error:

Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) is disabled

Firewall rule is set to enable and is applicated.

How I can resolve this issue?

Thank you 

• Administrators

Please collect logs with ESET Log Collector as per the instructions linked in my signature. If the generated zip file exceeds 2 MB, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link. Otherwise attach it to the pm.

• Administrators

You have HIPS disabled. As a result, Self-defense, Advanced memory scanner and Exploit Blocker don't work either. Please re-enable it for maximum protection:

epv6_hips_on.png

yes, I know - I have HIPS disabled. But if I have ESET Endpoint Antivirus, or Endpoint Security 6.3/6.4 and upgrade to ESET Endpoint Security 6.5 after upgrade will by this options HIPS disabled.

Firewall rule is set to enable and is applicated.

This is happend only if I do upgrade to Enpoint Security 6.5.

Actually I have 4689 pc's where is HIPS disabled.

• Administrators

HIPS must be enabled as it's one of the 2 most important protection modules. What was the reason for disabling it? Disabling it has substantial adverse effect on protection and I'd say it's similar to disabling real-time protection. When we add ransomware protection to Endpoint, it won't work either with HIPS disabled. It's also important for proper reporting of suspicious events to ESET Enterprise Inspector (not yet available).

• Administrators

If I understand it correctly, you had HIPS enabled in Endpoint v5 but it was disabled automatically after upgrading to Endpoint v6?
Do you see a padlock next to this setting? If so, HIPS was disabled by a policy.

• Administrators

Please provide me with the file "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\lastPolicy.dat" from that computer. Also make sure that the policy enabling HIPS has the force flag set to ensure that the setting is not overridden by another policy.