Shared Local Cache Agent out of date

What's the best way to update the Shared Local Cache Agent? Mine shows that the installed version is 6.4.293.0, but the current version is 6.5.417.0.  I can't seem to find any documentation that shows how to upgrade it without having to download the new vhd from ESET.com. Which I did download, and received the same result.

Thanks

• Administrators

As per the document http://download.eset.com/manuals/eset_eslc_userguide_enu.pdf : "To update ESET Shared Local Cache, please download the newest installation file from download servers and re-deploy appliance or re-install .rpm.bin package."

However, since implementing a certificate whitelist in ESET's products via an automatic module update, ESET Shared Local Cache has no noticeable benefits and it's no longer needed unless you use many unpopular PE files (exe, dlls) on your VMs.

Where's the documentation showing that "ESET Shared Local Cache has no noticeable benefits and it's no longer needed unless you use many unpopular PE files (exe, dlls) on your VMs."  I must have missed that while reading through the documentation.  

• Administrators

It's not in the documentation because the documentation was created at the time when a certificate whitelist was not yet incorporated in ESET's products. We are currently considering discontinuing ESLC as it has no noticeable benefits for users after ESET's products have evolved to the extent when they themselves can distinguish between most of trusted and untrusted PE files.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-05-03 at 10:33 PM, Marcos said:

It's not in the documentation because the documentation was created at the time when a certificate whitelist was not yet incorporated in ESET's products. We are currently considering discontinuing ESLC as it has no noticeable benefits for users after ESET's products have evolved to the extent when they themselves can distinguish between most of trusted and untrusted PE files.

Marcos,

Where can I read more about this certificates whitelisting thing? Maybe vagent host and evs do not offer any noticeable benefits too???