Does Eset Nod32 4.0.82 protect against AV exploits?

I forgot where I read this but I've seen several articles about how antiviruses are being exploited by malware, if I remember correctly the malware takes advantage of the high system privileges that AVs have and infects the system. So I'm wondering if Eset Nod32 4.0.82 prevents this type of attack? Also when is Eset Nod32 4.0.82 going to be released?

• 1 month later...

I invested in purchase of the 5 years duration license pack for up to 5 devices each device of any platform and os type. I use two of them on Linux however regretting this invest as Linux version of NOD32 receives highly infrequently updates and it is unclear how well can Linux version detect threats in file formats typical for Windows platform (executables, other binaries, Microsoft Office documents, other). Scanning files for Windows on my Linux machines is major use-case. There is also great debate in public on efficiency, conflicts with Windows native design of AV solutions generally, this regarding my invest for Windows based machines.

• Administrators

Linux version updates as frequently as Windows version and receives the same modules, including the detection engine, as Windows version.

• 2 weeks later...

Either way I uninstalled Nod32 from my Linux machine. It never found anything probably because of Firejail (sandbox) it must of blocked everything which is good.

Edited by SuperSapien64
To further explain myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/6/2017 at 1:15 AM, SuperSapien64 said:

Either way I uninstalled Nod32 from my Linux machine. It never found anything probably because of Firejail (sandbox) it must of blocked everything which is good.

you must remember that yes the antivirus can be exploited but also the sandbox can be bypassed